New Lumia 1520 -- screen has two horizontal lines of distortion

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
They are very thin and extend almost the width of the screen. I assume this is some kind of screen defect, but it's pretty subtle. I'm considering waiting until WP8.1 comes out so I don't have to redo my start screen with a replacement unit. However, I'm wondering if anyone else has these kinds of extremely small screen imperfections and maybe if they are normal for fairly large IPS displays. Thanks!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If it is hardware based,I would take it in before your warranty expires. if it is software (I would do a hard reset to see if it remains) then trade it in. Make sure you back up your phone before you do this. If the lines are hardware I would only expect them to get worse over time.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My screen has been excellent since I got this several months back. None of those lines or even dots that show dead pixels. I'd agree with above that the longer you wait may make them worse. Big chance for hardware defect if a reset won't fix it.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Ana Rita

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Hy.
A few months ago that my 1520 Lumia presents me a problem when warm , the image becomes lines , and recently fails to give complete picture , getting all dark , and when I connect an image has appeared all pixelated . I turn it off two or three days , and all back to normal ... I've tried all sorts of resets , have told me that the problem would be the graphics . Does anyone know a solution?

Tks .

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
well I'm just guessing, I don't have any experience with any lumia phones repairs, its showing signs of a "bad connection", in which case, repairs depends on how its built, if its like computers, then it would need a reball(i doubt its done this way, but without taking one apart I couldn't say or sure) if its all one card (more likely) then its probably un-fixable and would require a new motherboard, which would probably cost pretty close to the phone itself.

I'd try nokia (microsoft) support or see if your carrier will do something.. sorry for your bad luck, keep looking around though, maybe iuf your lucky I'm wrong and its some kind of software issue, the first thing id try is to get tech support on it though.

good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro