Going to be new to WP

elbandiraz

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I did the run around's today visiting many stores to look at the Lumia 1520 again. After coming to terms that the 930 isn't going to be released in the US anytime soon I decided to go for the Lumia 1520. I plan on heading to the Microsoft Store tomorrow and picking it up! AT&T wouldn't budge on the price with a new contract and stuck with $199 with an upgrade. It would be stupid to pay $100 more when I can get it for $99 at MS Store.

Sure the size is intimidating, but after reading around here it sounds like it is easy to get used to! Plus my cousin has also vouched for the big screen devices! I also just can't pass up that gorgeous display! Although it isn't true, I feel like I would be missing out if I were to just get a 1020!

So I guess I'd like to know, what color should I get?! I'm leaning towards black as that goes best with all the colors I may use for my tiles, but the yellow is tempting!

Can't Wait till tomorrow though! Looking forward to getting it into my hands.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the the new device! I'm still waiting for Bestbuy to lower the 1520 to Amazon's/Microsoft Store's price before I budge.
I would get whatever color you want, personally if I end up getting one I'm split between Red and Yellow as I want to show a little color.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
AhhhhhSum!!

How big is that grin :excited:

Another one for the gang!
Welcome!
We'll be looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to wpcentral and congratulations for your new Lumia 1520. Screen in this beast is just phenomenal , bright , it's hard to keep down the phone ;)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
get black if you want to stay hidden and classy. get yellow if you want every other person to go "Woa what phone is that?" ;)
or in my case with yellow L920, "woa is that the 41 MP phone??" (sadly not lol!)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. You could also get a yellow device and a black case. My 920 is red, but nobody sees what colour it is, since I keep it in a Casemate Tough Case.

elbandiraz

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I guess the color issue will be resolved when they tell me what color I want, basically it will be a split second decision!
Counting down till I'm free to go pick it up today though!
I will be thoroughly scanning these forums for a thread listing the must-have apps :)

elbandiraz

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I now have the Lumia 1520 in my possession :)
The screen is gorgeous! I am already in love with this phone!

One thing though, when I access the store and I type something in the search bar, it lags and takes a second for the text to load, is this normal?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I now have the Lumia 1520 in my possession :)
The screen is gorgeous! I am already in love with this phone!

One thing though, when I access the store and I type something in the search bar, it lags and takes a second for the text to load, is this normal?
What colour did you get?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes