No Locked Screen Notifications as an option.

boatman37210

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded Lumia Black yesterday through the internet. In Glance there is no option for "locked screen notifications". The only option listed is "my text". I get a clock, but that is it. Haven't tried "my text".

My wife has a 620 also. Dropped it and had to get the glass replaced at a Nokia Care center in Bangkok a week or so ago. The store loaded Lumia Black on her phone, but the version numbers don't match mine. Version numbers on mine are later numbers, so assumed I had the latest. Yet when I go to update her phone it says she has the latest version.

We both have Nokia Black, but she has locked screen notifications and I don't. Under extras + info I have Glance PinBoards App Agent 1.2.0.0. She doesn't.

Trying to figure out why she has the notification option and I don't. Phones were purchased at the same time.

​Thanks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a couple of things to try here.

First, a really silly question but do you have any notifications set up on your lockscreen? You only get notifications on Glance if you have notifications on your lockscreen.

What you can try doing is use Sysapp Pusher. It's possible that something isn't up to date on your phone (even though it recently got Black)

SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Run through the system part and update all that need updating.

Hope that helps.

boatman37210

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Under "Locked Screen" I have phone and 2 email accounts listed in quick check.

From the screen shots I've seen on the internet and my wife's phone 3 items were listed in a drop down under "Choose the extra info you want to see on your Glance Screen": off, locked screen notifications, and text. Locked screen notifications is missing from my drop down list. My assumption has been that I needed to have that middle option in order for email and phone to work. No have, no work.

My phone seems to be working now and probably has been since I loaded Black and turned on Glance. Apparently when you turn on Glance it turns on notifications. There is no third option to turn them on separately. I will leave it at that. Don't understand why our two phones do not match, but since it seems to working okay I will stop there.

​Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa