Does Your 1520 Have the Touchscreen Sensitivity Issue (swipe detected as tap)?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been discussed lots already, but I thought it would be interesting to create a poll to see what percentage of owners are affected.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I know this has been discussed lots already, but I thought it would be interesting to create a poll to see what percentage of owners are affected.

Good idea, I voted but I mainly only have the problem when on two apps which are Music & Video and My 500px free. Other than those two apps it happens only 2-4 time a week which is a lot less than the problem I have had with android not registering taps which was on all my android devices (Samsung and Sony)

cadaov

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Samsung S3, this phone is extremely sensitive! which I love & hate hehe... it takes time to get used to it...
And yes, I have already set my touch sensitivity to Normal.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
One instance where it happens frequently for me is after unlocking the phone and immediately swiping up to scroll. Frustrating at times. Otherwise the phone is great.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
After the last firmware update, I really thought it was fixed. Seemed better for the first few days. Then my phone locked up. I rebooted and had the sensitivity problem again. At least I got my phone through AT&T so in a few months if it hasn't been fixed, I can see about getting it replaced for one that doesn't have the problem. It is pretty annoying. Love the phone though. So odd when I use my 1020 and it just works as it should. Maybe 8.1 will fix something somehow! Here's hoping.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For me it is "nearly" gone after the last firmware and Extras+ update. The quantifier is that I've got my screen sensitivity set to normal and brightness at a fixed level (usually medium) instead of auto-adjust. But for the most part it works fine.

- Michael

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Has gotten a bit better for me since the last firmware update, but I still notice it a tad bit every now and then.. Still love my phone though!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The issue has gotten better, but it's not totally fixed. Oddly enough, the swipes/clicks happen the most when visiting the forums in WPCentral app. 😖

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
1520.3 RM938 here, I think I have it too but it only happened once that I'm not sure it's even related, could be my finger lightly tapping on the screen before my swipe motion too.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I actually didn't have this issue until the latest update came out a few weeks ago. Once I installed that, I started to get other issues, like the brightness bug and the delayed charging as well. It's unfortunate, because the device itself is nice, but these issues just seem to widespread to be ignored

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro