05-16-2014 09:46 PM
69 123
tools
    IMO, they should only release a budget device alongside a flagship and a niche devices, that way they could update each devices more easier.
    The budget device would cost around $150, have a build quality of a 720, similar screen size with the iPhone, have 512mb ram, FFC and Flash. Then a flagship device with 2GB ram, and the flagship stuffs.

Now tell me my idea is a bad idea. Having options is a good thing. But to have a device for every category is better than the mess we have now.
    04-08-2014 10:33 AM
    Now tell me my idea is a bad idea.
    Its a bad idea.

Its good that all phone's having the same package.

At first the budget phones only had here drive ( regional) all the others had the full here +
    Making a to big a difference, people won't cross over from other platforms.
    04-08-2014 11:09 AM
    Now this title fits it.even its predecessor lumia had offline GPS.shame on you Nokia.cost cutting king.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

welcome back brother you are back to shame on nokia, even if it doesn't have a dedicated GPS sensor, it has HERE maps, which lets u download complete offline map data, so the data charges won't go high on your pocket...
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    04-08-2014 12:22 PM
    Ehm, no.

A-GPS is the full GPS system + some cell tower related magic to improve positioning information in weak GPS signal areas. Any smartphone that has A-GPS, also has GPS. The OS may not use it, but the hardware is there.
    just confirmed on Wikipedia, i suggest u to check once there or on any tech site u follow, it states what i mentioned above.
    GPS+A-GPS is best

A-GPS fast but only when a internet connection is available

GPS slow but without a internet connection
    04-08-2014 12:43 PM
    The 8 Gb lies between the 169,- and the 229,50
    Motorola Moto G 8GB Zwart - Prijzen - Tweakers

The 16 Gb lies between the 208,- and the 244,50
    Motorola Moto G 16GB Zwart - Prijzen - Tweakers
    u forgot shipping charge, if say someone orders from an unsupported country theyll have to pay shipping
    04-08-2014 12:43 PM
    u forgot shipping charge, if say someone orders from an unsupported country theyll have to pay shipping
    Yep thats true, but that was not the question.
    04-08-2014 01:21 PM
    Ya I own lumia 820. I now about that poor battery which will drain in no time if u use the phone as smartphone if u don't use it heavily just for calling texting music it will sail you through 2 days with very minimal use.but if u do gaming or anything related to internet u will drain it in 4 hours on screen.so it is battery weak smartphone.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Maybe you should get yourself a gameboy...kids always complain about games. I'd you are older, you will use your phone normally and everything will be fine

- Tapatalk -
    04-08-2014 01:32 PM
    just confirmed on Wikipedia, i suggest u to check once there or on any tech site u follow, it states what i mentioned above.
    GPS+A-GPS is best
    A-GPS fast but only when a internet connection is available
    GPS slow but without a internet connection
    Okay, I see now why you are confused:

1. According to Wikipedia, smartphones do exist that support location services based solely on A-GPS.
    2. As you stated, the Lumia 630 spec sheet mentions A-GPS but not GPS. You are (understandably) misinterpreting this to mean it doesn't support the later.

However, if you carefully read the Widipedia page you mentioned, you'll notice it partially contradicts itself on this issue.

From a very technical point of view, you are correct. Spec sheets really should list both A-GPS and GPS, but very few do. The industry has long adopted the practice of just mentioning A-GPS, which is implied to mean it also supports GPS. Simply looking at Nokia's other spec sheets already gives you a good hint. Not a single Lumia spec sheet explicitly mentions GPS support. The Lumia 930, Lumia 1520, and the Lumia 925, no, none of them explicitly mention GPS support, only A-GPS. Yet, all of them include a fully functional GPS unit. The same is true for the Lumia 630. The spec sheet may only mention A-GPS, but it supports GPS too, just like the others. How do I know?

Many, many reasons. Here are just three:

1. The WP hardware chassis spec mandates that every WP device include a fully functional GPS unit. OEM's may not legally build a WP device without one.
    2. The Lumia 630 is based on the Qualcom MSM826 SoC. Qualcomm's spec sheets and even their press release explicitly mention GPS support for that SoC!
    3. Websites that are geared towards the more technical minded users actually do list both GPS and A-GPS for the Lumia 630 (for example here), but like I said, sites that care that much about technical correctness are very rare. Even OEMs think that level of detail is more likely to confuse consumers then help them.

In summary, the Lumia 630 does support GPS and A-GPS, just like every other WP device ever built.
    lkishor likes this.
    04-08-2014 01:47 PM
    The Nokia 930 specifications also don't list GPS separately. Maybe WP8.1 just simplified the sensor attributes so that GPS isn't listed twice? That seems more likely than a basic feature being removed...
    04-08-2014 04:08 PM
    The Nokia 930 specifications also don't list GPS separately. Maybe WP8.1 just simplified the sensor attributes so that GPS isn't listed twice? That seems more likely than a basic feature being removed...
    All explained in the post directly above yours ;-)
    04-08-2014 05:35 PM
    The 630 is actually the replacement from the 520 and 521 lower range phones.
    04-08-2014 09:52 PM
    All explained in the post directly above yours ;-)
    that sounds really good, because i wanted this(absence of gps) not to be true, because i was looking towards buying a dual sim windows phone, absence of this would have forced me to change my decision...
    i took it so, because most of the Samsung Android phones even high end ones do just have A-GPS, and it needs internet connection for location service..
    Although i forgot nokia is no Samesung..
    a5cent likes this.
    04-08-2014 11:24 PM
    The 630 does have 1GB of ram. But I also think it should have had a camera button, flash, and 720p screen. Then it would've been perfect. I mean how much additional cost would that have added? $10 of manufacturing cost?
    04-09-2014 12:25 AM
    The 630 does have 1GB of ram. But I also think it should have had a camera button, flash, and 720p screen. Then it would've been perfect. I mean how much additional cost would that have added? $10 of manufacturing cost?
    I thought the 630 has only 512 Mb ram.
    04-09-2014 12:37 AM
    To say I was disappointed on the announcement of the Nokia Lumia 630 would be an understatement. A person of a right man know that it is a downgrade compared to the 620. Its basically on par with the Nokia Lumia 520.

512 MB and no flash just killed the device for me. I understand that the phone is aimed at emerging markets and is supposed to be a low-end device but cheap phones like Moto G offers way better specs.

Nokia should have included 1 GB of RAM and flash. I'm okay with the lack of FFC and shutter button to keep the cost down.

Don't get me started on its design. Its an abomination. Damn bezels are thick as my eyebrows. If you want to have on screen buttons, why the huge bezels?

I'm just hoping the Lumia 730 and Lumia 830 won't disappoint. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with me? Sound it off!
    Nokia Lumia 630 with 1 GB of RAM would have been a true successor of Nokia Lumia 620..
    And as long as those "bezels" are concerned.. Trust me it doesn't looks that ugly..!
    04-09-2014 02:59 AM
    +you forgot capacitive keys!! i hate on screen buttons,gestures like ipad or BB10 are perfectly acceptable but on screen keys are a pain, they take up a bit of the screen and the lack of physical keys and flash is the only thing missing in it in addition to the 720p screen thing
    04-09-2014 03:07 AM
    Well, I used navigation without internet in another country and it was fine. It was really cool actually :)

- Tapatalk -
    04-09-2014 03:36 AM
    Meh, I guess on the bright side, the Lumia 630 is dirt cheap. Even cheaper than Moto G. I just don't want those who get these device then complain bout the inability to get certain apps. Apps requiring 1GB of RAM is increasingly getting more and more.

Still, I'm really disappointed. Especially when you think about how the 630 is supposed to be the 620's successor.

Hope the 730/830 doesn't disappoint though.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    04-09-2014 07:42 AM
    To say I was disappointed on the announcement of the Nokia Lumia 630 would be an understatement. A person of a right man know that it is a downgrade compared to the 620. Its basically on par with the Nokia Lumia 520.

512 MB and no flash just killed the device for me. I understand that the phone is aimed at emerging markets and is supposed to be a low-end device but cheap phones like Moto G offers way better specs.

Nokia should have included 1 GB of RAM and flash. I'm okay with the lack of FFC and shutter button to keep the cost down.

Don't get me started on its design. Its an abomination. Damn bezels are thick as my eyebrows. If you want to have on screen buttons, why the huge bezels?

I'm just hoping the Lumia 730 and Lumia 830 won't disappoint. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with me? Sound it off!
    yeah we are agreed with you . I just needs a frnt faced cam (vga) ,
    rear cam flash & 768 mb of ram in
    dual sim version for better
    perfomance . 512 ram is too short for
    wp .
    Some sensors like proximity ,
    ambient , compass
    quad core 1.2 ghz
    a cam shut button .
    05-16-2014 09:46 PM
69 123