Nokia Lumia 630. A step backward?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
i own a 820 as well,it lasts me atleast 1.5 days with heavy usage
as for gaming,even android phones will drain like that
the battery life on both phones is excellent for me,i liked the 720 so much that i bought an 820 and another 720 as well in 2013

What is onscreen time you are getting in lumia 820.just a question

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I think you are the only one who criticizes such a amazing battery life phone as note 2.anyway it may be your bad luck as is the case with my lumia 820.

what?? amazing battery life on note 2 and bad on 820 u got it the other way around trust me,the note 2 wouldnt last me over 5 hours properly despite having the handset and battery exchanged twice

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I meant how much hours you are getting if u use for phone for complete browsing before it dies out.I meant continuous browsing.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I meant how much hours you are getting if u use for phone for complete browsing before it dies out.I meant continuous browsing.

i dont browse all day on my phones , i have tablets and ipads for that, but i do browse lightly on my 720 usually

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh then k u are not using as smartphone hooking to internet all the time.I got the point.

vamshi n

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
And also there is no super sensitive touch for lumia 630........... nokia website states that lumia 630 has capacitive multi touch screen

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh then k u are not using as smartphone hooking to internet all the time.I got the point.

umm what??? i have unlimited wifi and 3G all the time , 25Mbps wifi...... no fair usage policy on both 3G and wifi, does that sound like no internet?? no limits no speed drops and multiple devices,the way u say it, i have a fleet of ferraris without fuel or something
also stop generalising or posting against me,i havent posted against u or something and i respect everyones views man and i only post my experiences not whats on paper or what i saw online only :(

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
K sorry I did not hurt you personally. Sorry if I have done it.enjoy your Wp8:rolleyes::confused::confused::thumbup::thumbdown:

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
But lumia 820 with its weak battery cost you 21209 rs which is pure waste of money.nd even 720 is 16000 but you cannot get all games unlike moto g.

feels like u are misguided, you are comparing a just launched Moto g, with a one and a half year old 820 and more than year old 720, and then u are complaining about the ram screen and battery life.
And if u are comparing it with upcoming lumia 630, may i just remind u a lumia 520 (512 mb ram) with 8.1 broke a record set by galaxy s4(2gb quad core bla bla..), for its all new keyboard u wont get on Moto g, plus nokia clearback tech, gorilla glass 3, all new sensorcore tech, and the fluidity of a windows phone 8 os, which just got way better with all those enhancements done in wp 8.1, check task manager of your Moto g, u will not get more than 500mb ram free with no app running, while wp still has 350+mb ram free for apps.

And i bet u keep a 630, and a Moto g side by side, u will only get disappointed by the later, for its sluggishness.

Also u can hook up 128gb memcard, u wont find a place to insert it into your Moto g, limited with 16gigs(maybe around 10gig actual)
I agree wp is a step backward with its app and games, then again run asphalt 8 on your Moto, and compare with a 520.
Now u may get the fuller picture...

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
feels like u are misguided, you are comparing a just launched Moto g, with a one and a half year old 820 and more than year old 720, and then u are complaining about the ram screen and battery life.
And if u are comparing it with upcoming lumia 630, may i just remind u a lumia 520 (512 mb ram) with 8.1 broke a record set by galaxy s4(2gb quad core bla bla..), for its all new keyboard u wont get on Moto g, plus nokia clearback tech, gorilla glass 3, all new sensorcore tech, and the fluidity of a windows phone 8 os, which just got way better with all those enhancements done in wp 8.1, check task manager of your Moto g, u will not get more than 500mb ram free with no app running, while wp still has 350+mb ram free for apps.

And i bet u keep a 630, and a Moto g side by side, u will only get disappointed by the later, for its sluggishness.
Also u can hook up 128gb memcard, u wont find a place to insert it into your Moto g, limited with 16gigs(maybe around 10gig actual)
I agree wp is a step backward with its app and games, then again run asphalt 8 on your Moto, and compare with a 520.
Now u may get the fuller picture...

+1020*2520etc bam u scored man!! makes perfect sense !! :D

plus the 720 and 820 have excellent battery life , i own many phones out of which i have 720s ,820 and a note 2 etc
note doesnt even have a 1/4th days battery life
820 gives 1 day+ easily
720 even better battery life
i dont like the 630 much personally but the older lumias are still awesome
i wouldnt say wp is backwards,some apps are better on wp than other platforms especially the FB app which is terrible on every platform except wp

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I get it. The 630 fails in some areas but it has some good high points, with price being the main one. Yeah, phones like Moto G comes at the same price, but I believe that's the 8 GB version isn't it? With no SD card. I'm not about to bombard this post with Android "flaws" and "cons" because every system has it. Android has a lot going for it with great apps to follow, more than Windows Phone, but if you don't have the space to use most of those apps, what's the point? Maybe they should've sacrificed that FFC for an expandable memory slot

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I get it. The 630 fails in some areas but it has some good high points, with price being the main one. Yeah, phones like Moto G comes at the same price, but I believe that's the 8 GB version isn't it? With no SD card. I'm not about to bombard this post with Android "flaws" and "cons" because every system has it. Android has a lot going for it with great apps to follow, more than Windows Phone, but if you don't have the space to use most of those apps, what's the point? Maybe they should've sacrificed that FFC for an expandable memory slot

windows phone also has great apps but without malware and risks or weird permissions like automatic calls etc
i mean why does angry birds want to make calls from an android phone!! :D

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The small amount of internal storage and not having a expansionslot forces people to use the cloud.
We all know the concept of good old and above all trustworthy Google......
I dont say that MS/dropbox and al those other cloudstorages are any better, but google has a reputation of making good money of all our intel.

Btw why a Moto/Google Promo on a WP forum?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Except the Moto G isnt in the same league as the Lumia 630 at all. The Moto G, OUTSIDE of the USA costs a whopping $270 outright. The Lumia 630? $160.

Why people continually compare the budget Lumia devices to the Moto G is beyond me. The Motorola is nearly $300. I can buy a Lumia 520 outright for $99 outright and the performance is near identical.

I live in the UK and the Moto G is not $270....

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
a simple test to check which phone is better. Play subway surfers on lumia 525 and then play it on moto g and the winner will be lumia 525 for sure :amaze: this will clear everyones doubt which phone is better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos