Otterbox like case? Odd screen issue

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
We just bought the 1020 + Otterbox defender case. The case has a screen protector built in. Only problem is there seems to be a noticable gap in between the screen itself and the protector. So often times, you feel like you are pressing down on the screen, but it isnt making contact.

Any recommendations for a similar type case (ultimate protection) but perhaps one that we can install our own screen protector?

Also - couple notes -

1. Ive been reading about the battery issue. Ours came fully depleted. I chraged it to 100% and then took out the sim card to see if we were going to have the issues some others were having. 1 day later it was at ~97%. So I think we are okay!

2. We do get a little odd crackling sometimes when making calls. It got better after the phone updated, but it still happens from time to time. Is this common?

sydneycooper1979

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of an otterbox like case with the built in screen other than the otterbox. Do you have the touch sensitivity on high? That might help the otterbox work even with the gap between the screens.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I probably worded that poorly. I am looking for an otterbox like case that does *NOT* have a build in screen protector. I would like to install my own screen protector.

Also - any comment on the odd crackling noise?

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 61751
I have the speck one
i got yellow/black colour,it is very robust and being dual layer (hard/soft) it unfortunately does add some bulk to your phone,fits brilliant though almost too good as its a bit hard to get off if like to use without a case ,

you can get it in white/black colour aswell,
the rubber strips on the sides and back do give some great grip to a otherwise to smooth phone.
There's a review of it on the site . Quick Review: Speck CandyShell Grip for the Nokia Lumia 1020 | Windows Phone Central

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate that. I had a Speck case on my 920 and really liked the feel. The 1020 is my wifes and she is about the worst person in earth in regards to taking care of phones. The reason I like the Otterbox is it has ~1/2 inch lip protecting the screen. I am not worried about size (hence, the otterbox) more so protection. I dont think the Speck has enough barrier on the front.

benohanlon

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have an otterbox case and I agree there is a little gap (I have sensitivity up high) however I think I'm willing to live with it. On a side note I followed another thread on here and modded the case so that it wireless charges and this has made me happier to live with it.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I turned the sensitivity on high for me, and it's frustrating as but it's just because the 1020 has curved glass/a curved screen, so it pushes the screen protector 'up' a bit. However I will leave it on for the first year or two, after having an Otterbox on my iPod for 3 years it absorbed all these scratches and my glass is perfect underneath:

WP_20140413_18_01_52_Pro.jpg

Not to mention Otterboxes are legendary for saving screens from shattering :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise