Help! New Lumia 1520 user needing an unlock code

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I'm not new to the forum as a whole but to this sub forum i am.. Just received my red 1520 in the mail.. HUGE arsenal fan so i chose red and also because it POPS.. anyway..

mods please let me know if this is wrong of me but..

i am currently a t-mobile customer and would be forever in debt to one of you great wpc members who could unlock the phone for me... i will send my imei number in a pm..

just look at this beauty!! :devil:

IMG_0035.JPG

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So you bought a phone locked to AT&T to use on TMO? Probably not the best idea. There are websites that will unlock it for a price. Good luck on finding someone who will do it. Just remember this, with your IMEI number someone can call AT&T and report it stolen, then it is only a WIFI device. So be careful who you give it to.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Which country are you in? As you seem to be such a fan of Arsenal I was assuming you're in the UK, but you appear to have an AT&T phone - if you have that combination I don't rate your chances I'm afraid.

If you're in the US it might be easier but there is a whole trail of stories of people being stuck with phones they can't use I could reference to - AT&T are very good at making sure only they can do the unlock.

Omer Bakir

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I have had a 1520 since november, 22 and still cannot use it when traveling abroad. I could not even purchase an unlock code, my money was refunded. ATT will never ever get any business from me again.
Any help out there???

thanks in advance.
OB

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have been lucky enough to have 2 ATT 1520s unlocked. The first one (bought off CL) was unlocked by Unlock Cell Phone - Mobile Phone Unlocking - How to Unlock Cell Phones. Legit company, albeit pricey.

I had to send mine for repairs to Nokia, and I received a new one. This new one worked flawlessly, but was locked once again. The people from Unlock Cell Phone - Mobile Phone Unlocking - How to Unlock Cell Phones could not unlock it (something to do with ATT locking the phone). I did the unlocking with ATT website through a family member. Got the unlock code in 5 days.

Try the ATT website if you know someone who is on ATT.

Good luck!

ak999

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Doni,
When you say you got it unlocked through a family member, what did you exactly do? Did you first have to register/activate the device using the family member's sim? and then request here https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=rL_ZHWSB
I tried sending the request through the link (using another member's details) without first activating but the request was declined. When we called the customer care they said the device has to be active on ATT for some time (i think they mentioned 6 months).
can you please share your experience and the process you followed.

Thanks
Alok

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought an AT&T locked Lumia 1520 off eBay, factory sealed ...

After going thru the AT&T OLAM portal, kept receiving negative because " ... phone was still under contract ... ".
After speaking to AT&T (611) and explaining that my old(er) Lumia 920 was still under contract & I bought this outright from a third party, giving them the IMEI (again) - the unlock code came the next day (via email). Happy to say, all my family's phones are now unlocked, flexible to go wherever. use whatever carrier's sim I need.

However, the caveat is, it was used on an active account, with an active phone number ...

ak999

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
an update.. i successfully got the lumia 1520 unlocked from ATT and i am using it with tmobile with LTE speed. So this is the story.. i got the ATT lumia 1520 (off-contract) from Microsoft store through the opportunity rings promotion. I am on tmobile, but my cousin is on ATT (he has a family plan and he is the admin). I used his information on this page: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=hoem7_RG and entered the IMEI for the new device i got. Note that i had never used this new phone with ATT service before, so no "activation" as such which is what the customer service people keep telling i need (actually they told the device needs to be active for 6 months, NOT TRUE). I submitted the request and got the reply within an hour with the unlock code, it worked as expected and now i am using the phone on TMobile.. :)

Note: My previous request (as mentioned in the post above) was declined since the information entered was incorrect and not due to the "activation" issue as was told to me by the customer representative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss