Microsoft Store shows no updates

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've seen countless threads and random fixes ranging from setting the time incorrectly, deleting IE cache and unpinning the store + soft reset, logging into the windowsphone.com and ensuring that all other phones are deleted to performing a hard reset.

Well, I've done them all. It's been 48+ hours and I'm tired of dealing with it. Does no one from Microsoft know why this is an issue? Can I create a ticket somewhere to have this corrected? If I don't get this corrected by Friday I'm jumping ship. This is twice now I gave Windows Phone a chance and it's been dumb bugs like these causing me to go elsewhere.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've seen countless threads and random fixes ranging from setting the time incorrectly, deleting IE cache and unpinning the store + soft reset, logging into the windowsphone.com and ensuring that all other phones are deleted to performing a hard reset.

Well, I've done them all. It's been 48+ hours and I'm tired of dealing with it. Does no one from Microsoft know why this is an issue? Can I create a ticket somewhere to have this corrected? If I don't get this corrected by Friday I'm jumping ship. This is twice now I gave Windows Phone a chance and it's been dumb bugs like these causing me to go elsewhere.

I can give you the perfect fix. Tried and tested on 3 devices.

Hard reset your phone at a time when you most probably are connected to the internet. Like I am always connected to net from 8 pm to 12 pm. So when that time comes, hard reset your phone. The store checks for updates daily at the device's first boot (hard reset) time.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't then, man, MS owe you so much! Bash them up!

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Hard reset your phone at a time when you most probably are connected to the internet. Like I am always connected to net from 8 pm to 12 pm. So when that time comes, hard reset your phone. The store checks for updates daily at the device's first boot (hard reset) time.

No luck, I did that last night. It was at 9pm though?

I mean Sunday night.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

How long is it since the last time you had an update and do you mean app updates?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hard reset wipes your phone, do you mean soft reset?

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm having the same problem, Windows Store shows I have no update, but when I opened several native apps (i.e. Bing Weather) it prompts me to update. I just found this out after finally setting up my phone the way I liked it, I would HATE to do a hard reset.

Haineko79

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, all. Try this method:
1. Turn off Set automatically option in Settings>date+time.
2. Change date manually on 10-03-13, for example. Doesn't matter what date you set, but it must be earlier than July, 2013.
3. Reboot your phone, set the correct time and date or turn on Set automatically option.
4. Wait for updates, it may comes immediately or in 24 hours.
It works for me many times since Lumia 920 ;)
P.S Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language :grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3