Battery Life

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
So, back to the OP's question, I can definitely say the battery on the Icon is better than the 928. At the end of and day, without charging, I'm at 40-50% on the Icon. With the 928 it was near 30% or less. Just another plus for the Icon.

And yes, battery tech needs to be improved.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is not laughable with WP8; it is even the other way around with Android. Your G2 has a bigger battery than your 920, a thousand mAh more! Your logic is the one that's laughable.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

If that's the case why aren't there more WPs with bigger batteries?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

my guess is that the camera takes up space. or maybe Nokia is otherwise inefficient with its use of space. the G2 is a five-ounce phone with a monster battery. probably would have picked one up if not for 1) weird buttons on back 2) not greatest camera 3) recently having de-Googled.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So I keep reading through forums and posts and people keep saying their Icons battery life sucks. Am I the only person with an Icon that has great battery life or are there more out there? I couldn't be happier with the battery life. Ever since I started getting smartphone about 7 years ago, I've had horrible battery life until my Icon. Just wondering they're using their phones wrong and sucking the battery dry or if I got lucky.

Just another ****** blaming others... nothing to see here and no substance to this thread.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
my guess is that the camera takes up space. or maybe Nokia is otherwise inefficient with its use of space. the G2 is a five-ounce phone with a monster battery. probably would have picked one up if not for 1) weird buttons on back 2) not greatest camera 3) recently having de-Googled.

I was wweary of the button layout also but once oYou use the phone gfora week it makes perfect sense why they put them there. The camera is garbage in low light. Outside in sunlight its gorgeous. The camera doesn't allow enough light in.

The battery is great and Nokia has to improve this just like apple does. Maybe if apps on wp8 or wp8 itself didn't rape batteries then the 2100 in the 920 would be fine but wp8 isn't conditioned enough

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So I keep reading through forums and posts and people keep saying their Icons battery life sucks. Am I the only person with an Icon that has great battery life or are there more out there? I couldn't be happier with the battery life. Ever since I started getting smartphone about 7 years ago, I've had horrible battery life until my Icon. Just wondering they're using their phones wrong and sucking the battery dry or if I got lucky.

I'm not complaining. I'm getting really good battery life. I did notice for a while I had significant battery drain, and I tracked it down to two apps. The Nokia Motion Monitor and the Battery app were power vampires. Once I uninstalled them, I stopped having excessive battery drain.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

What you're saying is exactly the proof why battery life on WP8 is not laughable. Look at other phones with 2000 mAh, they don't last long enough like the 920. The only things that beats it (at that battery size) are the Lumia 625 and 720 - and they are both WP 8 phones!

If iPhones have that size of battery, they could've also beaten it too.

LG G2 may be a phone with fantastic battery life, but it was even beaten by LG G Flex and Nokia Lumia 1520 in GSMArena's battery life test.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude I've been through 6 920's since launch and my brother is on his second white. This forum plus other sites all across the net have documented the poor excuse of battery life on wp8. If its not a Nokia issue than its a wp8 issue. Today is a great example as all I dis was take 10 pics with no flash , check twitter 3 times, was on ie for maybe 15 min all day and I streamed a 45 min podcast with 3 lte bars and by 12pm(started at 7am) I was at 50 something percent. If you don't touch the phone it will last decently due to being in sleep mode but once your in the OS the battery gets raped

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Dude I've been through 6 920's since launch and my brother is on his second white. This forum plus other sites all across the net have documented the poor excuse of battery life on wp8. If its not a Nokia issue than its a wp8 issue. Today is a great example as all I dis was take 10 pics with no flash , check twitter 3 times, was on ie for maybe 15 min all day and I streamed a 45 min podcast with 3 lte bars and by 12pm(started at 7am) I was at 50 something percent. If you don't touch the phone it will last decently due to being in sleep mode but once your in the OS the battery gets raped

sorry to hear that. But like I said in the first post, I don't have that issue with my icon. Sorry :(

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Are you running a 920 now, or the Icon? I was at the Honolulu a few weeks ago and I went from 100 down to around 20 on my Icon; started at 7am for breakfast then to the beach then zoo. We left the zoo around noon and went to lunch. By the time we got back to our car at around 1:30PM I was down around 20ish%. I was taking pictures (over 130 in RAW capture mode), recorded 3 videos of about two minutes each, and was posting them to Facebook and sending MMS. Plus checking email and some web surfing. That was when I was running two vampire apps (Nokia Motion Monitor and Battery).

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This forum plus other sites all across the net have documented the poor excuse of battery life on wp8.

You said "battery life on WP8". Such a hasty generalization.

If that's the case, then why did the Lumia 1520 got the highest score so far in GSMArena's battery test? IT IS ON WP 8, and I even have the link:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-lumia-1520-battery-life-test/

I am heavily tired with this BS since before my 1520, I owned a Lumia 625. And it has also a very good score with battery life.

Even other unbiased tech sites hail the 1520's very long life.

SoCalBIGmike

Feb 28, 2010
techblended.magntize.com
I had the new HTC ONE M8. Went through TWO of them. The screen was nice (no pentile pixilation) But the ICON battery life is... WOW! And it has Qualcomm Fast Charge! I went from 44%-72% in like 20 mins. And got to 44% after 14 hours of continuous use!

gingerbeard87

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My icons battery life is amazing, my wife has a 8x (I had the same phone before the icon) and her battery life is horrid.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You said "battery life on WP8". Such a hasty generalization.

If that's the case, then why did the Lumia 1520 got the highest score so far in GSMArena's battery test? IT IS ON WP 8, and I even have the link:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-lumia-1520-battery-life-test/

I am heavily tired with this BS since before my 1520, I owned a Lumia 625. And it has also a very good score with battery life.

Even other unbiased tech sites hail the 1520's very long life.

the 1520 has. 3400mah battery and its a newer device. The Internet wouldnt be riddled with posts and threads about how horrid battery life is on wp8 if it wasn't true. From my own experience ( 6 920's since launch) and my bro is on his second white 920 . The battery life is terrible.now alot of that is also because of certain apps but even with everything off battery life is bad. Im talking stand by time. Everyone phone with last 10+hours with minimal use . Im talking about actual real world use . Checking email, music, streaming, games, social .

When wp8 launched these forums were plastered and still are with HTC, and Nokia threads about battery life issues. Either its extremely poor build qualities from the manufacturers or its wp8/its apps.

Now im sure things have gotten better to a point but there are still some major power usage issues here.

Last edited:

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The Internet wouldnt be riddled with posts and threads about how horrid battery life is on wp8 if it wasn't true. From my own experience ( 6 920's since launch) and my bro is on his second white 920 . The battery life is terrible.now alot of that is also because of certain apps but even with everything off battery life is bad. Im talking stand by time. Everyone phone with last 10+hours with minimal use . Im talking about actual real world use . Checking email, music, streaming, games, social.

Dude, you can't even provide one link that states WP 8's horrible battery life. How can you say that the Internet is riddled with posts about bad battery life. And even if the 1520 has 3400 mAh battery, it wouldn't live up to GSMArena's battery endurance test if WP 8 has bad battery life.

I don't know if you're trolling but probably your 920's supplier got a bunch of defective 920's. And don't expect a phablet-like battery life with it since it was built two years ago and it was the Galaxy S3's and iPhone 5's rival. Their battery lives don't differ by a large margin.

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

My wife and I both have the Icon. Both are GREAT on battery life. My wife is a pretty heavy user - lots of video calls etc. My previous phone was HTC One, hers was Moto X... Icon beats both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss