Nokia 920 wifi signal is weak

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to replace the screen on my Lumia 920. I purchased a new digitzer and screen from Amazon. Ever since I've done this the wifi signal with my 920 is very weak. I can't connect to any access points unless I'm really close. The range really sucks now. I took it apart again to see if the antenna was loose and it wasn't. At least I think I was looking at the correct antenna. Can someone confirm where the wifi antenna is within the case? I'm trying to rule out a hardware issue. Everything else works great. The wireless signal has no issue. It picks up LTE and 4G great.

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That helped me replace the screen. That is the video I used to properly take the phone apart. The video doesn't tell you if there is a wifi antenna. The 4G flex antenna is connected and intact. At this point, I'm not sure what else it could be that is causing the wifi to be so weak on my phone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Try to do a soft reset , by holding volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself (ignore slide down to power off screen ).

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That did not work. The other thing I notice is the battery life is draining because my phone is always trying to connect to a wifi access point and cannot because the signal is too weak.

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I called the AT&T device support center. They suggested doing a factory reset, so I'll give that a try. If that doesn't work, I can bring it in and they'll do a reflash on it to see if that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon