Lumia 820 update problem

Burnete Alexandru

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I just bought a lumia 820. I am very pleased with the phone, except for one thing:
I can't get it to update. My OS version is 8.0.9903.10
When i go into settings-> updates and click the "check for updates" button, it sais "Checking for updates" for about 2 minutes, then i get an error like 80072ee2 or 800072efd.
Also a similar thing happens when trying to install a new keyboard language from settings->keyboards .In this case it says "Preparing for download" for about 2 minutes, then it says that the download wasn't succesfull and i can choose between "retry" and "cancel".
I tried this while connected to WiFi and 3G (i case there was somethong wrong with my WiFi)
I also should mention that the store, mail, internet browser work with no problem so i can't blame my WiFi settings and my date and time are set correctly, i use the phone in Romania on Vodafone network but the device isn't locked in any network.

Do you guys have any ideea what could be the problem?
Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I just bought a lumia 820. I am very pleased with the phone, except for one thing:
I can't get it to update. My OS version is 8.0.9903.10
When i go into settings-> updates and click the "check for updates" button, it sais "Checking for updates" for about 2 minutes, then i get an error like 80072ee2 or 800072efd.
Also a similar thing happens when trying to install a new keyboard language from settings->keyboards .In this case it says "Preparing for download" for about 2 minutes, then it says that the download wasn't succesfull and i can choose between "retry" and "cancel".
I tried this while connected to WiFi and 3G (i case there was somethong wrong with my WiFi)
I also should mention that the store, mail, internet browser work with no problem so i can't blame my WiFi settings and my date and time are set correctly, i use the phone in Romania on Vodafone network but the device isn't locked in any network.

Do you guys have any ideea what could be the problem?
Thanks!

Hello, both of the errors you are seeing mean there was an issue with either the server or your internet connection..

try the steps in this link: Solutions to 801881cd,
80188265, 801881d0 and other update issues on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

post back if it was helpful :)

Burnete Alexandru

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello, both of the errors you are seeing mean there was an issue with either the server or your internet connection..

try the steps in this link: Solutions to 801881cd,
80188265, 801881d0 and other update issues on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

post back if it was helpful :)

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work.
The battery was full, and 5GB of free space. I will try another internet connection (maybe mine has some weird filter or something)

Burnete Alexandru

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Problem got solved by itself i guess. I just left the phone with the data connection on, clicked the check for updates button and left. When i came back i saw that updates are available. Weird, since i didn't do any changes to the phone.
Thanks for the help anyways.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
No prob we always try to help our own :p my phone is constantly connected to WiFi either at home or work so I always received my updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers