Cracked Screen - Ativ S

alisonemma

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me?
I have a 15month old ATIV S that works great, but this morning it got dropped and the screen has smashed.
The touch and everything is all working fine still but the cracking is covering around 70% of the screen/glass.
I will admit to being a phone novice and I've looked online and not found much help for it so far - Can it be replaced or is my phone going to have to RIP? I hadn't really budgeted for a new phone so would rather avoid it and I'm tied into my current contract until December.
I'm UK based and I'm struggling to find any UK repairs info, any help/advice would be gratefully received. Thank you!​

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
it would APPEAR that the screen is very easy to repair on the Ativ S. The construction appears quite similar to the Galaxy series, so I actually think you could get the idea on how to fix it through those videos...but you'll just have to go to eBay to buy a new piece of glass. They look very cheap though, $10-$15

I'll give just my vague tear down as I do not own the phone, but from what I can tell you will take off the back cover, remove 10 screws to remove the back plate (videos on YouTube for screws) then pop off the back plate. That is as far as the Ativ videos would take me. But after that I would guess the construction is similar to the Galaxies, you heat up the glass to let the glue under it release, peel away the broken glass, attach the new one and put it all back together.

Someone else look and see if you agree :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism