Not receiving SMS / calls

awec

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

On my Ativ S from time to time I won't receive calls or texts. The text doesn't arrive to the phone, and if the person texting me has requested delivery reports they won't get one. Anyone who phones goes straight to voicemail.

My phone shows as having full signal while this is happening.

If I then make an outbound call or send a text it will correct itself. I will suddenly receive a few texts that should have arrived hours ago (and delivery reports will then be sent with the current time as the delivery time), and I'll get notifications of missed calls.

I thought this may be my carrier. I have got a new SIM and that didn't solve it, my carrier "reset" my account and that didn't solve it. I then switched to an iPhone for a few weeks and it hasn't happened since.

So it is either the phone or a WP software problem from what I can tell.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers :smile:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Not an expert here.

Sounds like the phone is switching networks for some weird reason.
Meaning it's roaming then switching back to a selected network assignment for some odd reason.
I guess it could be referred to as "fringing"

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a setting somewhere I can check that tells it not to switch?

Settings > mobile network, look for the option that says Network selection which should be set to automatic, tap it and when the list of networks show up pick the one you want. The side effect of this is that if you're in an area with no coverage from that network then you won't get a signal.

awec

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Settings > mobile network, look for the option that says Network selection which should be set to automatic, tap it and when the list of networks show up pick the one you want. The side effect of this is that if you're in an area with no coverage from that network then you won't get a signal.

Does this include roaming? So I'll never get signal when roaming if I set that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro