Too much noise on pictures

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You haven't mentioned what app you are using. That may help.

Also taking a look at the pictures it would appear that you didn't let the camera focus. So that's why they're a touch blurry.

I'm leaning more towards user error here than anything wrong with the camera at this point. Also be sure to check the lens area to ensure there's no smudges on it.

Also there's a nice thread on using a Lumia camera.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gu...so-you-want-take-better-pictures-[guide].html

Mat Kfgb

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, mi name is Mathew im from Argnetina and I have a lumia 920 whit black update.
The photos you post are good, but the problem is that nokia whit amber and black update have made the photos more bad that were at the bigining whit portico.
I use creative camera and the photos are good, no more than that .
This is a problem of Nokia not of your phone. They have to fix it. but don t espect much of Nokia :/

Look here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ra-bugs-other-issues-[bug-report]-[poll].html

Bye!:smile:

To Mo1

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
You haven't mentioned what app you are using. That may help.

Also taking a look at the pictures it would appear that you didn't let the camera focus. So that's why they're a touch blurry.

I'm leaning more towards user error here than anything wrong with the camera at this point. Also be sure to check the lens area to ensure there's no smudges on it.

Also there's a nice thread on using a Lumia camera.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gu...so-you-want-take-better-pictures-[guide].html

I am using Nokia Camera app.This is how i take pictures with lumia.When i want to take picture i tap on screen for focus,wait for a few seconds so focus circle gets steady and then i tap camera button.Is that the way i should take pictures or i am doing something wrong?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nokia Camera app.This is how i take pictures with lumia.When i want to take picture i tap on screen for focus,wait for a few seconds so focus circle gets steady and then i tap camera button.Is that the way i should take pictures or i am doing something wrong?

Apologies for not getting back sooner. I tend to be busy on the weekends.

I'm not an expert photographer so what I tell you will be my opinion and experience only.

There are two very different threads on photos:

This one - http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-pictures-videos-taken-your-920-a.html (if you got to the last few pages you'll find pictures by me and others with Black)

and this one- http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ra-bugs-other-issues-[bug-report]-[poll].html basically people unhappy with the camera performance after Black and Amber. Personally at this stage I wouldn't bother downgrading your camera as WP8.1 is coming out soon.

Now, with regards to taking pictures. I put that link there for you to read, not sure if you did but here's some more things I will say.

If you want to take 'quick' pictures, do not use Nokia Camera. The app is slow in taking shots and this can lead to blurry pictures that don't look good. So I recommend the built in app for that.

Next, if you use Nokia Camera on Auto, you're letting the camera determine the best picture. This is not always the best setting, which is why Nokia Camera has all the custom settings for you to use. Auto is really about taking something you know will turn out OK. So my recommendation, if you're going to use Nokia Camera, play around with the settings.

Lastly, I personally find tapping the screen unnatural so I use the button myself. The camera has a two position button for the camera, first focus and the take the shot. I find I have more control doing things this way.

I always recommend that people learn about their cameras and try practice shots to learn how to use them properly. A lot of the time user error is part of the problem. Also keep in mind that it is a smartphone camera and you simply won't get the same results as a 'real' camera.

The last thing I will say, and this is purely my opinion. If the camera is giving you grief, before returning the phone try a hard reset. Especially if you upgraded to Black. A hard rest will solve a lot of problems that may be lingering in your phone. I did one after Black and I've been a lot happier with my phone. Keep in mind to do a backup before doing this.

banankoo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I see,i will try hard reset if notting helps.
One thing...I was trying to use camera button too, but i find it very hard to use.
My lumia has silicon case and it goes over camera button.
When i try to take picture with button i just click one time, focus sets by itself and picture is taken after a second.
How do you take pictures with button?Do you first slightly hit the button for focus and then second time all the way for taking picture?
I am thinking maybe case is problem,it is pretty thick so i didnt get the feel for taking pictures with it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I see,i will try hard reset if notting helps.
One thing...I was trying to use camera button too, but i find it very hard to use.
My lumia has silicon case and it goes over camera button.
When i try to take picture with button i just click one time, focus sets by itself and picture is taken after a second.
How do you take pictures with button?Do you first slightly hit the button for focus and then second time all the way for taking picture?
I am thinking maybe case is problem,it is pretty thick so i didnt get the feel for taking pictures with it.

Yeah I got away from using silicon cases for the reasons you list above. I only use a 'jacket' type hard case with open holes for the buttons.

Yes the camera button is a slight push to focus and then a full push to take the shot. I find it better than touching the screen but some people like that.

Its also possible the case is interfering with the camera lens if it is a bit thick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs