No display but windows and other two functions still show signs of life

Richard James2

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, for some reason my 925 screen no longer displays anything. The lights at the bottom still work and the phone still alerts me to to received emails, not that I can see them. I noticed my lock screen WAS displaying a different background which may have been advertisements before it gave up. Also the phone was on life saving mode..it WAS showing the heart symbol. Has my phone got a virus?

Thanks

edit: thankfully a soft reset fixed the issue. Should have tried this first.

Last edited:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd seriously doubt it's a virus. Windows Phone is an incredibly secure operating system, so the likely hood of it being a virus is really slim.

First off, have you tried charging it and/or restarting it? It sounds as if it just simply ran out of juice, and a recharge could help (it's a known bug that Windows Phone devices, for whatever reason, discharge the battery really fast sometimes). Also, a simple restart often fixes problems.

If not, it sounds like it might be a problem with the digitizer/screen. What country do you live in and where'd you buy the device? If you're one of the lucky few who lives near a Microsoft Store, it might be worth paying them a visit. I went to get something fixed just a week ago, and they were really friendly about it. Cost me nothing (broken USB port on my Camera Grip accessory).

If that's not the case, try and get in contact with Nokia Support. I've heard they're really friendly about repairs/replacements, so that's a route worth perusing. Best of luck, my friend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234