How to clear the temporary files folder for Nokia Lumia 925?

iamJemi

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I transferred a video with file extension .mkv via bluetooth from my laptop to my phone. Turns out there's no app that could play the video when I searched the store. The thing is that the file went straight to temporary files. From 800 MB it turned to 1 GB. Can you please help me clear this? It wastes space for other files in my phone. I read the other threads that suggested changing the date on the phone and it didn't work for me. :crying:

Thank you so much!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is Storage Check unable to clear out some of the temporary files? I would try that first. Another option is the Storage Cleaner app, although that's said to not be very effective over time. Sorry I don't have anything more definite to offer you.

iamJemi

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it still did not work. However, I've recently updated to Windows 8.1 and was somehow able to ease the problem. I was able to clear some files from the temporary storage. From 1 GB, I now have 830 MB left. Still, thank you for your reply!

qutetony

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Set your phone time to 2 or 3 months into the future and try clearing temporary files. You will gain substantial memory back. All the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital