T-Moblie Pay as you go valid for HSN Lumia 925's

Louis Hendricks

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if I pick up one of the HSN 925's for $199 if I can just grab 1000 minutes for $100 or if they will only let me use the phone with the $50/month plan. I've been looking all over but no luck finding the "fine print" anywhere. I don't make enough calls or go away from wifi enough to warrant spending $50 every month.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to use the 925 on any plan that's currently offered by T-Mobile. If you get it from HSN, it's not like getting it from T-Mobile, so it could be treated as a "bring your own" device.

Louis Hendricks

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! If anyone is already doing this with the 925 how are you dealing with the data connection? Is there an option for WiFi only or does it come out of your minutes or are you buying data as well?

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
Pay as you go is voice and text only. You might be able to purchase a data pass separately if WiFi isn't a complete solution for you.

Louis Hendricks

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
All of the information you all gave me was correct. I received a brand new Lumia 925 that had a cut Tmobile sticker that was covered up by a second uncut Tmobile sticker (I read about all that weirdness in the other threads). Phone was about 2/3 charged out of the box. I charged it and did the Windows phone updates to get the latest versions. Popped in the SIM and called the automated Tmobile system and put $100 on the pay as you go. Calling and texting work fine and it works great on wi fi for data. Everything I wanted with no hidden gotchas. Maybe time to dump the Verizon phones when the 2 year window ends.

Thanks again to everyone who replied with information.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile has unlimited text and data (1st 5GB @4G) and 100 minutes of talk for $30/mo. I think you have to sign up for it on-line and its only for NEW service, you can't go from another plan to this one.

Last edited:

jwhipple

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if I pick up one of the HSN 925's for $199 if I can just grab 1000 minutes for $100 or if they will only let me use the phone with the $50/month plan. I've been looking all over but no luck finding the "fine print" anywhere. I don't make enough calls or go away from wifi enough to warrant spending $50 every month.

No fine print - you buy the phone, and it's up to you to provide the SIM/service.

I bought mine to replace an unlocked AT&T Galaxy Note that I was using on T-Mobile ... It arrived, I called T-Mobile to have them switch to the new SIM, I dropped the new SIM in and BANG - everything worked like a charm! Yes, I'm on prepaid - the $70 plan as I use a LOT of data because of work, plus I like the 2.5GB of Hotspot data they give me as my wife and kids love to use their Kindle Fire HDs while we go on road trips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05