Replacing Broken Glass Only on 1020

Victor Tribal

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,i dropped my phone and only the glass on screen broke.Everything responds to touching perfectly.I found and bought the screen glass only from Ebay for$16.I did not buy the lcd display/digitizer since the phone still works normally,just the screen cracked.It comes with tools to replace it but i don,t want to try because i don,y want to break anything.However since a couple of pieces came completely off the phone, i can see it looks as if the glass just glues on or has self adhesive to the housing,Does anyone know how the glass comes off and on?Or shall i just take the glass to 1 of many kiosks in the mall that replaces broken screens while you wait-note-i think they repair only Iphone screens or that the only parts they have,but i,ll have the screen.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone last November. Based on my searching on the Internet, this phones glass is bonded to the screen/digitizer. It didn't seem to be possible to replace only the glass itself. Good luck!

masshuu

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
After watching youtube instructionals, I decided to buy the whole screen and digitizer, it looks way too difficult and likely to break the lcd. And after my experience a couple of weeks ago, make sure you buy it with the frame, as it's a hassle to detach the frame and attach it to the lcd.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Bro same happened. To my Lumia 1020....even I thought only glass cracked coz my touch was working fine...i,ordered. Only glass and was trying to separate glass and,lcd....thoui realized even display was cracked....soo I went,to nokia got a new set and nokia installed,it for,me...

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos