action video poor on the Nokia Lumia 1020

Byron Storie

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
the hole reason I wanted the Nokia 1020 phone was to record my bike riding but the action video is very poor. the slightest bump and it distorts the image. this happened in the smooth road as much as the video I am posting here I want to know if it just my phone or the 1020 in general as I had a HTC Titan that recorded much better quality

thebcooper

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Is whatever the phone is mounted on magnetic? That is the only thing I could think of that could produce such a weird picture. It may be messing with the optical image stabilization. That, or however it is mounted simple is absorbing all the tiny little jolts that you normally wouldn't feel, and it is causing the image to go like that. Maybe try (with lanyard on around the wrist for safety of the phone) holding it with one hand for a short distance, just to see if it is more stable?

vindicarblack

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
plus you are suffering from vertical video syndrome - the video on my 1020 does not have the artifacts that yours has - I noticed that it was upload in 4k - perhaps they are post processing artifacts - does the raw video have the same and how about if you film horizontally (im reaching on the orientation suggestion)

here is one I did just a couple of days ago - granted im not flying through the forest
the second one I did just now (I went to get a diet coke so I ran down the hallway - I need the exercise anyway) that hallway is not lit very well either

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss