HTC 8X and Windows Phone 8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Installed the 8.0 prep update, now I'm downloading and installing the 2nd part (the actual 8.1 portion). Will report back later. Just wanted to get the conversation started. I'm excited to be able to get the wide clock tile next to a 3rd party weather tile on the same row!

ninestroke

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I did the updates last night. It installed 3 different updates and now it says I'm running OS version: 8.0.10521.155

My HTC has only these new items:
Driving Mode
"x"s on the tabs to close them when holding the back button down
Descriptors at the bottom of the tabs when holding the back button down

It does NOT have:
Cortana
Theme+Main Sceen transparency
No updated Market
No updated Games
nor any of the other promised bells and whistles....

- Disgruntled

What is wrong here?

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
seems faster :)

but seriously, it is working great! the "more tiles" do make the tiles pretty tiny, but I've got decent eyesight.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
you are still on gdr3. do you have the preview for developer app installed? keep manually checking for updates.
I did the updates last night. It installed 3 different updates and now it says I'm running OS version: 8.0.10521.155

My HTC has only these new items:
Driving Mode
"x"s on the tabs to close them when holding the back button down
Descriptors at the bottom of the tabs when holding the back button down

It does NOT have:
Cortana
Theme+Main Sceen transparency
No updated Market
No updated Games
nor any of the other promised bells and whistles....

- Disgruntled

What is wrong here?

Chird Oyer

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like the backlogged updates I got last week. Since I only just set up my Preview app with the App Studio account last week I had those same 3 updates waiting. I did those and then this morning I got the 8.1 prep update. Unfortunately I don't have public wifi at work, so I have to wait until I get home later to do the actual 8.1 update. Sounds like most people are having good luck on the 8X though (relatively bug free)?

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
one problem I did find....DO NOT UNINSTALL the HTC app. You will lose your clock tile. It isn't updating anymore after reinstalling it. :(

anon(8762957)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Cortana isn't going to work since the WWE firmware (basically all unbranded phones) are shipped without US english phone language support.
The ****ty thing is that it is the same language (there is no difference between the US english and UK english) but it just isn't labeled as such and thus wont support cortana. Considering the (lack of) support from HTC, this is never going to happen. (you can check this, change the phone language from UK english to any of the other english phone languages, it won't even have to reboot).

All of you with US branded 8x' are in luck today. Too bad for the ones that unbranded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs