Visual voice mail and Verizon

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
This is probably my first major disappoint in moving over to the icon and I know its not Nokia's fault, I find it ridiculous that VZW charges for visual voice mail. I don't get a lot of VMs but using an app to manage what I do get is so much more efficient.

Did you guys/gals bite the bullet and use the app, or are you using some other third party app (I'm not planning on moving it to GV, I have no desire to use google services).

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is probably my first major disappoint in moving over to the icon and I know its not Nokia's fault, I find it ridiculous that VZW charges for visual voice mail. I don't get a lot of VMs but using an app to manage what I do get is so much more efficient.

Did you guys/gals bite the bullet and use the app, or are you using some other third party app (I'm not planning on moving it to GV, I have no desire to use google services).
I've had a long debate with a support person on this... I question why I'm paying $6 (two lines) month for my convenience where as other carriers (I think) don't charge for this feature. Then asked why I cannot save my voicemails locally like it's advertised; he blamed it on Windows Phone not allowing it. I told them that it's not an OS problem being you can save locally and to OneDrive and blamed the inept programmers employed at VZW.

The comments on the app in the store voice the same sentiment of the crappy software. I don't know if it's worth filing a complaint with the FCC or BBB and see what happens.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Although $2/month is not a lot ... of money, I just cannot see paying VZN for this service. It clearly s/b free. Fortunately, I do not get a lot of voicemails.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'll look into MagikMail. I had to sign up to the free trial of VZW's visual voice mail because my inbox was full and deleting the messages via the phone wasn't clearing it out.

Thanks of the advice :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Although $2/month is not a lot ... of money, I just cannot see paying VZN for this service. It clearly s/b free. Fortunately, I do not get a lot of voicemails.

Yea, $2 for basic Visual Voice mail....The same package iPhone users get for free....

Do they still have the CRAPPY Verizon Visual Voice mail app on the ICON or did they FINALLY use the built in one ?

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
It is really crappy and not worth the $2

I'm a hypocrite and not only pay for it but use it because I'm too lazy to manage it by pressing #...no wait I should have hit 7...oh crap, I deleted it.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Glad my company pays my phone bill so I don't have to care how much Verizon rips them off for visual voicemail.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea, $2 for basic Visual Voice mail....The same package iPhone users get for free....

Do they still have the CRAPPY Verizon Visual Voice mail app on the ICON or did they FINALLY use the built in one ?

So iPhone users don't pay $3 month for visual voice mail? If that is the case I'm definitely filing a complaint with the FCC.

Saddly it's their own crappy software.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Apple uses their own voicemail servers, not the carriers. So no use trying to complain to the FCC.
Windows, Android, and BlackBerry users have to pay $3/mo if they want to use Verizon's visual voice mail.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the other carriers charge for their direct service too.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple uses their own voicemail servers, not the carriers. So no use trying to complain to the FCC.
Windows, Android, and BlackBerry users have to pay $3/mo if they want to use Verizon's visual voice mail.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the other carriers charge for their direct service too.
Only Verizon charges at this point, everyone else is free

bono30

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I use MagikMail and it does the trick. It also has some awesome greetings you can change it to for when someone is calling you.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had no idea they charged for this either. That is ridiculous, on top of their already high fees. I got the $60 single line with unlimited voice/text and 1GB data. When I came home and saw that they charge extra for VVM, I nearly canceled my line and returned the phone right away. Just ridiculous. Fortunately, I don't hardly ever call or get VMs, so not a big deal to me. But considering they charge more than all others, it's ridiculous they don't include this, which costs them virtually nothing.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
MagikMail lite does the trick, very happy with it. I'm rather displeased with how VZW is trying to nickel and dime us, but a viable solution is at hand. Thanks everyone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv