Microphone Hardware problems

tehPeng

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. so a while back, something happened with my headphone jack, where my dog kind of got tied up on me, and as she pulled away, yanked at the headphones plugged in, somehow breaking the jack. i ended up buying a new jack, at with it, a new shell, and entire screen. swapped everything out. broke the USB cable in the process, got a new one, and installed it. one problem i had though, after the headphone jack incident was that voice recording and video recording didnt work. voice recording was completely shot, whilst i could take a video and 1 in every 10 tries, the audio worked. this was fixed when i installed my new parts, but some time after, i dropped the phone, pretty hard. the microphone still does the exact same thing as before, but it records video a LOT lower. i figured it had to do with the USB/mic cable slightly coming undone, so i opened the phone to see whats up.

upon opening it, a tiny metal piece fell out, and to my luck, i was able to retrieve it. after inspecting the phone a bit, i found, its one of the two metal prongs, to the right of the heat sync. and it makes contact with one of the square sectors on the headphone jack/ top mic.

i have a few questions though.
1. is there any way i could fix this? im thinking LIGHT superglue, and hold the piece steady with tweazers, until it sets. i also thought aluminum as a last ditch effort, with the same process.

2. what mics are being used in:
a. video recording
b. voice recording/ voice recognition
c. phone calls

and lastly,
3. where is this rumored, "3rd mic" ? i know theres the obvious one next to the headphone jack, shown by the 5 tiny holes, and the one coupled with the micro USB, to the left of it.

tehPeng

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
edit:
as it turns out, that broken piece had nothing to do with the microphone(s)
the piece that was broken was actually something that makes contact with the shell of the phone, to what im assuming connects to:
A. the flash
B. the wireless charging coil.

my flash works, and so does the wireless charger, so that broken contact pretty much changes nothing.

i saw what the actual contacts for the headphone/ mic and its actually the small black rectangle with all the little gold contacts. as it turns out, one of the contacts was somewhat smooshed, or crushed rather. i took a small bobby pin, propped it back up to match the height of the other pins, put everythign back together, and everything works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos