Lumia 1520 Screen Flicker / Stutter

air2liquid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine started doing that a couple weeks ago, it got so bad that the screen would just become a white "snow" and the phone wouldn't work.

I had AT&T warranty replace mine. New one isn't showing the same issue. I used the previous one for about a month and a half before it started having issues.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I just received a brand new warranty replacement from AT&T and it did just that, go to snow and then to black. Did you replace yours in store, an AT&T warranty center or through Asurion

Antillean 1

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 started flickering and scrolling and doing all sort of weird things on its own. I followed the recommendations of many on the forum till I found out what the problem is. It wasn't the Touch setting and it didn't require a reset. One member simply said unpin Cortana. I did that and I knew that was the solution to my flickering, bouncing and self dialing problem. It's Cortana. Unpin her and your problem might be solved like mine was.

TLuck Sharma

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 started flickering and scrolling and doing all sort of weird things on its own. I followed the recommendations of many on the forum till I found out what the problem is. It wasn't the Touch setting and it didn't require a reset. One member simply said unpin Cortana. I did that and I knew that was the solution to my flickering, bouncing and self dialing problem. It's Cortana. Unpin her and your problem might be solved like mine was.

My L730 screen flickers 3-4 times a day. I don't even have Cortana pinned on my start screen.

Antillean 1

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Turns out I was wrong about Cortana. it wasn't Cortana at all. However since that posting I discovered that it simply was the protective cover I had purchased. It was heating up the phone. When I replaced it with an older case I had the problem disappeared. It has been almost six months without any flickering and it use to flicker more than 3-4 times.

preetsingh1974

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I was also struggling with the same problem, the screen starts fluttering and phone starts doing all absurd operations like cortana open, puts pin by itself and becomes red hot but with last two updates in w10 my phone is perfectly all right..... so friends this is not hardware pblm, it was wholly a software pblm. i took my phone to care centre and they said it is the touch of your phone and asked for a huge amount to change, which i thought is not justified so took it back and updated to latest build in fast ring.... my phone is absolutely fine... i luv windows.
pl share ur views

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers