Any way to revert back to GDR3 after Dev Preview on ATIV S?

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
NO ... geezus people need to read the sticky posts or search

(sorry if I came across as rude, but in general people should bing/google things before creating another pointless 1 question post...)

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
NO ... geezus people need to read the sticky posts or search

(sorry if I came across as rude, but in general people should bing/google things before creating another pointless 1 question post...)

I understand where you're coming from, but perhaps we should elliminate forums altogether as any subject can be googled/binged.

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from, but perhaps we should elliminate forums altogether as any subject can be googled/binged.

I see you missed the point already, WPCentral team has already mentioned this numerous times on their website, and it has been mentioned in the top sticky posts on the forum. So your eliminate all forums suggestion is pointless ... my suggestion was to look up existing posts and goog/bing before just making another post. and its not just you, theres numerous threads on battery life questions ... you get the point.

but to answer your question, yes there might be bugs since its a dev preview release and it will be fixed when the service provider or samsung also rolls out firmware upgrades. the features of this upgrade far outweigh the minor issues a small population is suffering from and your experience will vary

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
You can't revert and yes, there ARE bugs relating to the camera. It stops working if you switch to video mode and back until you reboot.

People telling you there aren't bugs probably haven't tried video mode. And yes, the flash doesn't work right either.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered camera bugs (as have others), as well as some keyboard issues when typing in Internet Explorer. If that prospect bothers you, just hold out until the official consumer release.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
If you're on the fence, I'd wait.

The camera bug is the only one I've got. However there are system stutters here and there. Sometimes IE will close your tabs if you switch to another one, IE doesn't handle the back button properly sometimes too, etc. Also your cell data and MMS probably won't work, but that's a simple fix of filling out the APN data yourself (which you can get from your carrier website).

I upgraded, then did a hard reset, filled out APN, and things are pretty much stable. I've even set my region to USA (I'm Canadian), and with Cortana the battery still lasts almost as long as before. But of course, YMMV. I am really looking forward to the Samsung drivers to make this thing a rock again.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all, I decided to upgrade and have been rocking 8.1 for two days. Uninstalled all apps prior to updating but I haven't done a hard reset. No bugs besides the camera, which is minor anyway. The update is totally worth it, 8.1 is epic and no lag or other problems on the Ativ S.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I encountered the camera bug last night at a wedding, but since my phone now boots in 20 seconds flat it wasn't that big of a deal. Apart from that I find performance and battery life to be better since the update.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99