Frozen lumia 920

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this issue.
I recently updated my lumia 920 (running black and dev unlocked) with WP8.1, It's fast and snappy.
I am super happy specially with the new start theme option and flow keyboard.

However.. Last night, I was on my way to work, I unlocked my phone to check the time, then I kept it in my pocket.
After 10 minutes I was trying to unlock the phone, lo and behold, My screen was not responding anymore, It was just showing my lock screen.
It was unusual, I thought it would not take that long. It took 30 mins and phone was getting warm.

so I decided to soft reset the phone by holding the Power button and Volume down for 10-20 seconds then poof.
It worked again.

Hopefully that will not happen again specially when I badly need to use my phone.

Anyone who experienced the same issue after the 8.1 update? :smile:

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine hasn't quite experienced that, and hopefully it won't. But it has lagged a few times. Especially when opening the music 🎶 app, and/or storage sense.

CaptBender

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday as well on my ATT 920 with 8.1. I've had the phone since it was released and its been rock solid until recently. In addition to this latest incident where it just froze completely requiring a soft reset, its been randomly rebooting for no reason. The reboots began before I upgraded to 8.1 so I'm not sure what's up. However, the lockup post 8.1 update is the first time that's happened. In order to try to resolve the rebooting issue I have done a hard reset but no luck..

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday as well on my ATT 920 with 8.1. I've had the phone since it was released and its been rock solid until recently. In addition to this latest incident where it just froze completely requiring a soft reset, its been randomly rebooting for no reason. The reboots began before I upgraded to 8.1 so I'm not sure what's up. However, the lockup post 8.1 update is the first time that's happened. In order to try to resolve the rebooting issue I have done a hard reset but no luck..

Im sorry to read these.. anyways, I havent experienced reboot issues. It has been days since the update and this was the only issue happended to me.
Hows your 920 now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786