Phone died/completely unresponsive. Updated to 8.1 two days ago.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in that my t-mobile 925 experiences the same symptom of being completely non-responsive. A quick pwr-vol down brings it back to life. This has happened about a dozen times in the past couple weeks. I've narrowed it down to only happening when I am in an area where signal is fairly weak AND it's trying to connect to a weak wifi. I am going to say it may require a firmware update.
I have some other weird issues where when I am on wifi calling, text won't work (mms never worked, this is regular txt not working). Overall the 8.1 update has many more features that I don't want to roll back to 8.0 even with these issues.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You guys seem to have all done soft resets via the vol down and power button. Have you tried a hard reset through the settings>about>reset your phone option? You will lose your personal data bit it will likely get rid of these issues.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
You guys seem to have all done soft resets via the vol down and power button. Have you tried a hard reset through the settings>about>reset your phone option? You will lose your personal data bit it will likely get rid of these issues.

Of course :) After the second unresponsive lockup, I did a full hard reset. Locked up the next day, so I did a roll back to 8.0 (via nsu), and let the 8.1 update come back down. It's done it about 8 or 9 times since. None of those resolved the wifi txt issue either.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, last night the little update to 8.1 came down. Seems to have fixed my wifi connectivity issue at work (text via wifi calling still a no-go), and I have not had the lockup yet. Still a little early to say for sure, but it just feels like it'll be OK now. I can wait for the official firmware from Nokia for the texting issue to get fixed.

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Read posts and I almost didn't upgrade my preview install, but that is not my style. Took about 15 minutes no issue or complications. 2 AT&T Lumia 925.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos