Nokia Lumia 520; Updates !

Simon Pierre

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello ,

Nokia Lumia 520 , I saw many updates and I wanted to know what's the different between all of them , and here's what I've found :
1# Windows Phone 8.0 ==> Windows Phone 8.1
2#Nokia Lumia 520 ==> Amber update
3#Nokia Lumia 520 ==> Black update

So , I hope some-one helps me with it ! And may I get all of them , or they just some updates and there's which is old and which is newer !?
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+==+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Regards,
Capt.JackSparrow

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Your post is not very coherent.

To summarise:
Lumia Amber is the firmware accompanying WP8 Update 2
Lumia Black is the firmware accompanying WP8 Update 3 (latest official update)
WP8.1 is currently out as a developer preview

Simon Pierre

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Your post is not very coherent.

To summarise:
Lumia Amber is the firmware accompanying WP8 Update 2
Lumia Black is the firmware accompanying WP8 Update 3 (latest official update)
WP8.1 is currently out as a developer preview

Hello ,

as I understood from your reply , that is I can donwload Lumia Black , but can't Lumia Amber as I'm already has a newer firmware accompanying , and that's all if I;m using WP8 and as I won't use it and I'll use WP8.1. So, I won't be need to download Lumia Amber & Lumia Black . I hope that I understood you well !

But , if what I understood was right and what you want to say .So, what's about the features which Lumia Amber gives me as a better camera software and etc... .Will I found them on WP8.1 as it will be the newest WP OS* !

*WP OS : WindowsPhone OperatingSystem
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Regards,
Capt.JackSparrow

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Amber has been succeeded by Lumia Black. You can still get Lumia Amber if you find a compatible ROM with it. Lumia Black is the latest firmware update. You can get WP8.1 using the developer preview, but you will not get any updates to the firmware right now. Lumia Cyan - the next Nokia firmware - will be releasing with the public build of WP8.1, which is expected in May-June.

Simon Pierre

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Amber has been succeeded by Lumia Black. You can still get Lumia Amber if you find a compatible ROM with it. Lumia Black is the latest firmware update. You can get WP8.1 using the developer preview, but you will not get any updates to the firmware right now. Lumia Cyan - the next Nokia firmware - will be releasing with the public build of WP8.1, which is expected in May-June.

Hello ,

Thx very much for those inf ! hmm , Now I can say that I got it all !

Regards,
Capt.JackSparrow

Simon Pierre

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys ,

I was wandering about which better Nokia Lumia 520 or Lumia 620 .I searched about this ,and I found in the end that 620 is better .However, looking to how much Nokia Lumia 520-forum number of threads , it gave me that Lumia 520 is MUCH MORE POPULAR! and I think that not much who has 620 , and I noticed that most of 620 threads are all about problems .. every where problems! So what I mean and want to say anyone experienced could tell me the final word about which I should get ? because I'm still didn't getting any of both yet. I hope get the reply as much as fast! I want it soo much :confused:

Regards,
Capt.JackSparrow

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The 520 is a very cheap device, and that has played a major role is making it the most popular WP device. Being inexpensive, it has had to lose out on some features compared to the 620. The 620 has several benefits over the 520, so it really depends on your budget. As far as problems are concerned, I cannot say if one suffers from more problems than the other. I have a 520, and haven't found any defects. One of my friends uses a 620, and they haven't had any problems either.

I would suggest the Lumia 620 as you get all of 520, plus the wonderful Glance screen, a camera flash, and a secondary camera.

Simon Pierre

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The 520 is a very cheap device, and that has played a major role is making it the most popular WP device. Being inexpensive, it has had to lose out on some features compared to the 620. The 620 has several benefits over the 520, so it really depends on your budget. As far as problems are concerned, I cannot say if one suffers from more problems than the other. I have a 520, and haven't found any defects. One of my friends uses a 620, and they haven't had any problems either.

I would suggest the Lumia 620 as you get all of 520, plus the wonderful Glance screen, a camera flash, and a secondary camera.

Hello ,

that's precisely the issue , the budget ! Anyway ,thx for all this inf !
and for now , every thing's ok !

#solved

Regards,
Capt.JackSparrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234