Just ordered the Nokia Lumia 1320

dpakrr

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

After a lot of contemplation and with the impending arrival of the excellent Windows Phone 8.1, I have decided to jump the ship from Android and have ordered a black Nokia Lumia 1320! This will be my first Windows phone since my first and only Windows phone HTC HD7 (running WP7) back in 2010. I can't wait to receive it! :love:

I would really appreciate it if you guys could please share your experiences with the device, any tips/tweaks and must download apps I should be aware of etc. It would help me wind down the days till I receive it :smile:

PS: I bought it for $350 USD. The Lumia 1520 was available for $560. But I am not a power user nor a frequent photo clicker, so I couldn't justify spending the extra 200 bucks. I love the 1366x768 display on my Surface RT so didn't exactly need a 1080p display on a 6" either. Besides I liked the rounded design of the Lumia 1320 over the Lumia 1520's square-ish design. Oh and $350 is a great price for any phone, let alone a 6" one with an exciting OS and Microsoft apps such as Lync and Exchange

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 1320 since the past 3 months. It a great phone to use. Here are some pro's and cons :

Pros :
- The 6" display is awesome. Playing games, watching movies, videos makes the experience even better. Once you have started using a 6" phone there is no going back, you'll feel even a 5" phone small. :)
- The battery life is excellent ! If you don't play much games and don't use Whatsapp too much, your batter can last for 3 days without charging.
- It has 1GB RAM so all apps and games will be compatible with your phone. It also has a better processor than most of the Lumia phone which is 1.7 GHz

Cons :
- There is a bug with scrolling while using couple of apps. The WPCentral, FB app for example, when you scroll you will not find it smooth, there are sudden jerks.
- At times you might find a color contrast appear for a sec or 2. Many users have reported this. I faced this issue earlier too but after the latest firmware I haven't seen it happen lately
- The main camera is only 5 MP so don't expect too much from it.

But overall it is a great phone and priced mid range which is affordable. I'm sure you'll like it and have a good experience.

dpakrr

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
i had mine for 3 days now.. from this early on, i cant seem to stop using it every minute . hehehehe

haha awesome! I can't wait for mine! how's the experience been so far - do you love it? and does it fit in your pocket or how are you carrying it? Have you installed the WP8.1 preview?

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
haha awesome! I can't wait for mine! how's the experience been so far - do you love it? and does it fit in your pocket or how are you carrying it? Have you installed the WP8.1 preview?
I just love it from the get go. plus the 8.1 preview made it more better. Perhaps the only glitch i may say is the screen sensitivity.well it was built that way so you'll get used to it. Overall, it's a 10.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to get one that gets LTE on T-Mobile. Any suggestions where I can find one? And for how much? Thanks in advance.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here using it on T-Mobile and getting either 4G (HSPA+) or LTE? If so, can you please post where you got this phone from and for how much?
Expansys is a no-no. I am waiting to hear back from Negri and another outfit in Hong Kong.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting to hear from Negri. Expansys has RM-994 which would get 2G on T-Mobile. There is another supplier as well and I am waiting to hear from them as well.

Negri came back with the same response as Expansys USA RM-994. I have heard rumors about Newegg Lumia 1320 being RM-995. I will now ask them about it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh and no reply from the Hong Kong outfit yet:-( But since Expansys and Negri both get stuff from HK I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that they have RM-994 is stock as well:-(

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Ordered this phone as well. Bit worried about the size, but to be honest when I held the 1520 it felt just right. Price was a bit too much for my usage (mainly texting/taking notes, watching video's and listening to music) and the rounded corners just give it some sort of sweet personality (does that sound weird?).

Will be quite interesting to see how my classmates react to a 6" phablet when everyone is rocking iPhones but me... :sweaty:

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bump this thread, but I needed opinions from people using Lumia 1320.

I'm a long time Windows Phone user (from WinMo 6, 6.5, WP 7, 7.5 and now 8.1), currently using HTC 8X with WP 8.1 Dev. Preview as my primary device. Secondary device is HTC Titan, running WP 7.5, rarely used.
So I know WP in and out! :smile:

I wasn't thinking of buying a new phone any soon, but this deal caught my mind--> Nokia Lumia 1320 Black for around $300 (€ 217, Rs. 17999), and this is an unlocked non-contract/off-contract phone. The beauty of WP 8.1 on a large screen is getting me excited!

Just wanted to know from you guys, should I go for it?

dpakrr

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to bump this thread, but I needed opinions from people using Lumia 1320.

I'm a long time Windows Phone user (from WinMo 6, 6.5, WP 7, 7.5 and now 8.1), currently using HTC 8X with WP 8.1 Dev. Preview as my primary device. Secondary device is HTC Titan, running WP 7.5, rarely used.
So I know WP in and out! :smile:

I wasn't thinking of buying a new phone any soon, but this deal caught my mind--> Nokia Lumia 1320 Black for around $300 (€ 217, Rs. 17999), and this is an unlocked non-contract/off-contract phone. The beauty of WP 8.1 on a large screen is getting me excited!

Just wanted to know from you guys, should I go for it?

I received mine last week and I absolutely love it. I had a 4.7" htc one x before this so when I unboxed the Lumia 1320 it looked huuuuge! But its thin enough to fit comfortably in my slim jeans, chinos and work pants. Screen is fantastic even under direct sunlight. I installed the 8.1 preview as soon as I got the phone and it is really smooth. Everything runs without hiccups apart from the wallpaper app called polyscreen which keeps closing when I try to create a fancy wallpaper. I don't know if this is because the app is too intensive for the phone or if maybe the app isn't compatible with 8.1. And Xbox Music doesn't load at times so I have to close and open it again. The app needs to be updated and it has nothing to do with the phone hardware. Apart from that the phone is smooth and lag-free.

I usually only use my phone for music and texting but since I got the 1320 I use the phone more often for videos, news, sports updates and general browsing due to the nice and huge screen. I also like the Microsoft and Nokia apps such as Lync and Exchange for work stuff, Office suite, Trailers, Health & Fitness and Nokia Camera. The sports app is my favourite. It is beautiful and allows me to follow my favourite teams in a variety of sports like football, cricket, basketball etc with ease. Other phones look horribly small in my view now lol. I always use phones with two hands so the size of the phone wasn't an issue. The keyboard is super fast. I had heard of swipe keyboards before but I've only started using them since I got this phone and it is a breeze! The speaker grill is tiny but it is really loud. I was impressed. Camera is decent but I am not much of a photo guy so maybe someone else can tell you more about it in detail. Battery life is beast! I charge my phone every night but I barely go below 60% with 3g on by the end of the day. I also like the matte plastic finish and the rounded design of the phone. I have the black one. It is no 1520 but it is still a very good looking phone as you'd expect from Nokia.

I love the live tiles and the new transparent tile feature in 8.1. Notification centre is really nice however it is strange that I can't turn my 3g on/off from it. Hopefully that'll be included in the final version of 8.1. Another small annoyance is that in the music app there is no slider which lets you skip to a particular part of the song. You have to press and hold the fast forward button instead. I heard this has always been the case with stock windows phone music players so I will have a look in the store for other music apps. Its only happened once but only one side of my earphones was working. I was worried that the phone was defective but restarting the phone restored both sides. Again might be an 8.1 bug or the phone might've weirded out. I had a fracture in my left wrist around 10 years ago so it is rather weak. Therefore prolonged use of the phone by holding it in the left hand strains it a little bit as the phone is a little heavy but it is not a brick by any means.

As you might be able to tell by now, I love the phone. Not only is it a fun phone for games, videos and browsing on the big screen but it is also productive. My work mates can reach me anytime via Lync and I have all my work email and appointments synced via Exchange. This is very handy. My complains listed earlier are very minor and could be addressed by the time the final version comes out. Everyone I have showed it to looks impressed but most think it is a bit too big. I personally think the size is perfect once you get over the shock of seeing it for the first time and use it for a couple of days. And everyone is blown away when I tell them the price. It is excellent value for money. Hope that helped :)

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
For those that haven't read my previous threads the version I ordered from Newegg (States it only works on 2G) actually is the Latin American 995, which is fully compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile USA. Newegg just listed the basic info, they also did this with the 1520 I'm currently using. If anyone is interested I'm selling my 1320 (Opened Just to try my Sim Card) in the color Black. Send me a PM if interested, this is the RM-995 Latin American model.

John Mark Dyer

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
For those of you looking for T-Mobile compatibility. The 1320.1 (RM-995) is what you want. It uses AWS bands for HSPA+ and also the correct LTE bands. Tethering also works after installing the Spanish (Spain) keyboard in WP8.0 and continues to work after upgrading to WP8.1 as long as you don't hard reset. I ordered it from Newegg for $310 (with promo code) and have been using it for about a week. The specs for the newegg listing are wrong, they are for the RM-994. But I ordered the orange one and it is in fact the RM-995. It's probably safe to assume they have all colors listed incorrectly. I strongly recommend it if you are on T-Mobile (or AT&T) and want an "affordable" 6-inch device. This is a killer deal for the price.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am 920 owner and on the fence for what phone I should get next 1320 or 1520. 1320 offers are tempting but maybe If I wait till next year then 1520 might go down a bit! I love to have that 6 inch screen! surprisingly I want into a local phone shop to look at 1520 but came across 1320 as a pleasant surprise. The only drawback is the camera at 5mp.

Im confused with the battery life as that one of my priorities some reviews show that the battery is not as good as 1520, some show its amazing battery life! I guess its all down to usage!

Any advice for me to jump the fence whichever way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss