[Guide] How to revert back to WP8 GDR3 from WP8.1 DP

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,i tested on my life if I can revert back,and I succed.Everything its worthing fine.I've revert because the battery life was 100% and showing me that is only for 19 hours,what a shame...
I maded a little guide to help you.
All programs you need its here.
https://disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=Lls0Szojb3PhvtAa5v01UI5Sv3ogkMx+ycwSplwl+DA=
You need:
-WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe
-GT-I8750OXXCMK2_R_SIGNED.csc(firmware/gdr3)
-I8750XXCMK2_I8750XCMK2(firmware/gdr3)
-SamsungUSBDriver.msi(install this on pc first)
Than run WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe as administrator and select like in this picture.
I selected NEE because I heard that they getting faster updates then others.
If you have any question I help you as I can,and if can not I hope somebody with much experience than me can help you.
I share this with you because it was a succesufully flash and I think that i'm not the only ativ s user who wanna revert to gdr3 wp8.
If I do something wrong someone correct me please,but I seem everthing its working fine on phone,like I first boot up it.
And for anyone who don't know how to enter in download mode:
Press and hold volume up + camera button and press power button until he vibrates and than RELEASE ONLY THE POWER BUTTON,and than connect the phone to pc.
I'm NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOU DON'T DO THIS LIKE ME OR TEST IT ON ANOTHER DEVICE !(IT WILL BREAK YOUR DEVICE IF YOU'RE NOT AWARE)

FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FLASH OFFICIAL ATO WITH FIRMWARE PLEASE DOWNLOAD I8750XXBME1_I8750OXABME1.rar from that site/firmwares/gdr2.Flash it like the GDR3 ,then check for updates.Until you get 8.1

WHO TRY THIS PLEASE COMMENT.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess this process should work for the t899m users as well, the firmware needed would be different though, there might be a supported firmware on Sammobile's site

7bft

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tested this?
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and test the upgrade on my Samsung Ativ S, but having a tested way back would be a definitive plus !!!

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't want too!!! My T899M is AMAZING NOW!!! I've got 45GB on my SD card. My home screen looks fantastic. No change at all in battery life. I honestly feel I've got one of the Best W8 devices now. The only downside is games show up under apps now. Besides that it totally Smokes W8.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't want too!!! My T899M is AMAZING NOW!!! I've got 45GB on my SD card. My home screen looks fantastic. No change at all in battery life. I honestly feel I've got one of the Best W8 devices now. The only downside is games show up under apps now. Besides that it totally Smokes W8.

Don't want to hijack the thread or did want to start a new one per se but quick question...I am considering buying a t899m model (currently have a Lumia 810 on WP8.1 with zero bugs, nothing wrong with it just wanted to try an Ativ) as my backup phone... are there currently any major bugs with the t899m model with WP 8.1 that's stopping you to use it (from your comment it doesn't look like it but just wanted to confirm)?

Dario Sacchi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Just tested and works!!!
I'm Dario from Italy, my ativ s with dp8.1 installed worked fine, especially internet browser, but camera issue was very noisy.
Also I heard about problems for nokia users upgrading from dp8.1 to cyan, so I decided to flash. A little panic after firmware download, phone reboot and locked on "Samsung mobile" black screen, I was supposed to have bricked the phone and telling myself why did you flash a phone working fine? But pressing again power button phone reboot and first configuration starts.
Now I hope Samsung release soon an official upgrade to 8.1, new os is very goog.
Thanks a lot to SWY for your guide and links to download file!!!!!

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks OP this worked for me in my attempt to get 8.1 update 1 to install. I am a veteran of much Android modding and this whole process for the Ativ S was very easy.

Mankku

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Took the risk and flashed to GRD3 WP 8.0; thank you very much for the instructions! I didn?t like to wait for DP WP8.1 Update 1 for my Ativ S, as it wouldn?t install properly. Waiting patiently for the official 8.1 for Ativ S.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Took the risk and flashed to GRD3 WP 8.0; thank you very much for the instructions! I didn?t like to wait for DP WP8.1 Update 1 for my Ativ S, as it wouldn?t install properly. Waiting patiently for the official 8.1 for Ativ S.

Update installed perfectly after this. You have more patience than me going back to the very limited 8.0. There is no way I could do that.

Mitch67100

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have an error when i execute SmasungUSBDriver.msi error code 2503 and 2502.
Could you tell me what can i do.

Thank's

That's work ok i just disabled the verify driver by windows 8 and revert back work's also.

Thank's a lot

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)