2 columns vs 3 columns of icons on HTC 8x

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I've been fiddling with the new Windows Phone 8.1 and, while i'm a fan of the 3 columns of icons, I can see it being a problem for some people because the icons get so small (particularly the small ones). What have you found? Do you use 3 columns or 2 on your 8x?

​Sheik

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
At first I didn't like the smaller tiles when using three rows but I figured I'd try it for a few hours. Now I'm used to them. I like having more tiles so I don't have to scroll down. I'll stick with 3 rows for now.

BTW, I really like 8.1. I had no issues at all updating.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm forcing myself to give three columns a try for awhile and imagine I may adjust. The problem I face is not really using enough apps to make it worth while.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I can say, I am a fan of the three columns, I still find it hard to set up the tiles to how I want them, because I am fussy about where tiles have to be.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know that the 8x was able to get the 3 tiles. Can any of you post a screen shot of your start screen so I can see how it actually looks on the 8x?

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I prefer 2 columns. Mainly because I love my setup at the moment, and when I tried 3 columns the icons are a bit too small for me.

ssimmmo

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the 3 column tiles at the start I thought it was to small for the 8x. I love it better now than the two column! 8.1 world really well with 8x up to this point. My app is also working much better!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos