Battery didnt appear to charge, but did upon reboot?

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I spent a couple hours taking some photographs and came home to do some design work and I left the 1020 charged in. Yet as the day went on, the phone never charged, it continued to go down, even plugged in. I tried plugging in the camera extension but even with that it eventually discharged to 4% then stuck there, plugged in. When I'd unplug, I would get the critical battery warning. I tried rebooting twice, and finally on the 2nd reboot, the battery level went to 100%. Anyone else notice behaviour like this?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Thrice. It's a very strange bug. Another thing that happenned to me was that my phone rebooted randomly with about 70% battery and fell down to 50% after it. Nobody knows what causes it AFAIK.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
OK. Thanks for the response. After a few hours of being stuck at 100%, its starting to go down normally. I'll keep an eye on it. Hope this doesn't return. That's a scary bug.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
If you are concerned about your battery life and are on WP8.1 PREVIEW, then check this out:

1. This is a DEV PREVIEW full of BUGS and doesn't have accompanying FIRMWARE to help ease the pain.
2. Location services and IE are the biggest culprits.
3. Push email sucks you dry. Set them to check for mail each hour or based on my usage (it will take some time like a week for it to get optimized but it is worth it).
4. My battery life deteriorated by just about an hour or two, though it got better after doing what I will tell you down below.

My tips:
1. Fully charge your phone, and allow it to slowly discharge itself by normal usage, nothing too heavy and allow it to die off (switch off).
2. Charge it up again and repeat the cycle 3 or 4 times and return back to your old habits.

3. Use WiFi or better still, turn off Cellular when not required.
4. Turn off bluetooth.
5. Turn off "Internet Explorer" in backup.
6. Turn off the tab sync in IE.
7. Turn off "Periodically save phone location" in Find my phone.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, full of bugs? Are people seriously suggesting that Microsoft released the OS in such a state for developers to test their apps with? If the OS is "full of bugs" how are devs supposed to create stable apps? Time to scale back the hyperbole, there are a few bugs (notably the battery drain) which will be cleared up with final firmware and maybe an internal bug fix update but saying the preview is full of bugs is BS.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, full of bugs? Are people seriously suggesting that Microsoft released the OS in such a state for developers to test their apps with? If the OS is "full of bugs" how are devs supposed to create stable apps? Time to scale back the hyperbole, there are a few bugs (notably the battery drain) which will be cleared up with final firmware and maybe an internal bug fix update but saying the preview is full of bugs is BS.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

I also didn't mean FULL of bugs, there are just some inconsistencies which are already being cleared out pretty fast. The games hub, xbox music are some examples.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss