Screen is hard on the eyes

Flipp0

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my 1320 last week. Really like this phone. Great build, battery life and performance. However the screen is hard on the eyes, especially during web browsing and e-book reading. I suspect that the screen is too bright for my eyes. But im not sure that it is due to the brightness. It just feels more hard on eyes compared to other smartphones and tablets that I have used before. Does anyone here have the same problem?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced that, I don't own a 1320, but I have an idea.

Perhaps you can go into settings > display > Lumia Color Profile and fiddle with the options there. Personally I prefer warmer color temperatures, so I got to change it there. Maybe you could find a setting that's easier on the eyes for you.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey glad you are enjoying your lumia 1320. You can go into phone settings/brightness /turn of automatic adjust and lower the brightness by selecting low and then turn on automatic adjust. You may also want to adjust phone colour profile , to do so go into phone settings/display/tap on adjust and slide the slider where you fell the display comfortable for your eye :smile:

Flipp0

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I have brightness on automatic (and low), furthermore I have also tried to tweek the color profile. However, the screen is still hard on the eyes. My wife also feel the same way. I have used alot of diffrent phones and tablets but the screen on 1320 is significantly harder on the eyes. I think it is due to the high brightness (even on "low" or automatic) but it can also be related to something else.

robitaille93

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't own a 1320, but on Window Phone selecting automatic brightness cancels out whatever option you have there (and becomes faded out). If you want lower brightness you'll have to turn off automatic brightness and select low.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the points above - I generally keep the auto brightness of and leave my 1520 on low - medium in bright sunlight, that works for me. Good luck, the 1320 seems to be a corker!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes