Hold myself -- 930 or 1520?

50ShadesOfDJWS

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm a huge fan of this phone and it's gorgeous and lovely I don't mind it's size either
But would it be worth waiting for because to be quite honest June is so far away and the 1520 is still on offer as a very good phone for me (Although I'd prefer it in the green they shown off at build, but lets be honest Australia probably won't get it in the next couple of weeks) it's really hard because I love the OLED screen of the 930 but I'm generally not sure any suggestions?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hold myself?

So you're currently trying to decide between the 1520 and 930? You don't mind the size of either? Then it really comes down to patience and pocket-ability - do you need a phone you can put in your pocket? Are carriers an issue for your at all? Do you think you can wait for the 930?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I am in the same boat. Although 1520 will be a better option for, because of
1) Bigger screen
2) Glance and
3) Micro SD slots.

But I can't resist the beautiful looks of 930. I wish Nokia launches a true successor of 1020 that should have the design factor of 930, but 5.2 inch screen and microSD card slots with 1020 camera.
But I will wait for the review of 930, before making the decision to go for 930 or a green 1520.

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

hi guys..am also the one struggling to buy 1520 or wait for 930..
I purchased Samsung Galaxy S 4 yrs back..and donno how I had survived so long with it...wanted a change..dont want to buy an android one..IOS am not interested..with wp 8.1 features, I think MS has settled with android and ios..
now in new phone, I am interested in:
1. Full HD display
2. Better processor
3. SD card (good to have)
4. good battery (must to have)
5. preferred size (> 4 inches)
Lumia 1520 is having all the things I want, the only factor am worrying is size. Also, recently have seen 930 ad and am impressed with its design (but seems bulky). I can compromise on SD card but good battery is must. Will battery in 930 will be gud enough? My Galaxy S is giving lots of trouble these days..is 930 a worth to wait? 5 inches seems gud than 6 inches..but baterry :(
can someone suggest me on this...I know the discussions are going on...plz help me

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

So you're currently trying to decide between the 1520 and 930? You don't mind the size of either? Then it really comes down to patience and pocket-ability - do you need a phone you can put in your pocket? Are carriers an issue for your at all? Do you think you can wait for the 930?

I wear slim jeans and the 1520 fits in my pocket with no problems. Even sitting down.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

hi guys..am also the one struggling to buy 1520 or wait for 930..
I purchased Samsung Galaxy S 4 yrs back..and donno how I had survived so long with it...wanted a change..dont want to buy an android one..IOS am not interested..with wp 8.1 features, I think MS has settled with android and ios..
now in new phone, I am interested in:
1. Full HD display
2. Better processor
3. SD card (good to have)
4. good battery (must to have)
5. preferred size (> 4 inches)
Lumia 1520 is having all the things I want, the only factor am worrying is size. Also, recently have seen 930 ad and am impressed with its design (but seems bulky). I can compromise on SD card but good battery is must. Will battery in 930 will be gud enough? My Galaxy S is giving lots of trouble these days..is 930 a worth to wait? 5 inches seems gud than 6 inches..but baterry :(
can someone suggest me on this...I know the discussions are going on...plz help me

I got the 1520 a night to the release of the WP8.1 release. Trust me, the size is one of the pros of the device. I thought it would be too big, but once you get used to it, you will never go back

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm a huge fan of this phone and it's gorgeous and lovely I don't mind it's size either
But would it be worth waiting for because to be quite honest June is so far away and the 1520 is still on offer as a very good phone for me (Although I'd prefer it in the green they shown off at build, but lets be honest Australia probably won't get it in the next couple of weeks) it's really hard because I love the OLED screen of the 930 but I'm generally not sure any suggestions?

If size doesn't matter, I think the 1520 is the way to go. The 1520 has glance, the 930 doesn't. The 1520 has the SD card option, the 930 doesn't(if I remember correctly).
If size truly isn't a problem, then the 1520 is better than the 930 all around.
I went the 1520 way, best mobile decision I've ever made(since the 3310 back in the day :D)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I was in the exact same boat as all of you, but decided on the 1520 (should order within 2 weeks or so).

Why you would choose the 1520:

- Aesthetics: While I love the colors on the 930, the 1520 has a more unique, trademark Lumia design. The 930 looks like some kind of Android iPhone hybrid with its blockiness. But this is a matter of personal taste. The 1520's aesthetics are simply superior. It'll be nice to see the green (and possibly orange) variants that are on the way.

- Glance Screen: Now that I've gotten used to this, I don't want to do without it. It's very convenient and something unique you can boast over your Android and iPhone buddies :)

- microSD support: This speaks for itself!

- Screen size: I wanted a bigger screen, though I admit the 1520 is a little too big. 5.5" would have been ideal for me. Still, the phone is sleek and slender despite being so large.

- Pentaband: I'm getting the RM-938 variant so I'm good to go on whatever carrier I choose and will have no problems accessing LTE

Why you may not want to go with the 1520:

- Screen size: I know, I listed this in pros as well. That's because the screen size is both a positive and a potential negative. My fears regarding the screen have been allayed however. I have average sized hands and like clothes that are slim/fitted. Not skinny necessarily, but not baggy like what many American males wear. After playing with the phone several times and having a Microsoft Store associate let me walk around the store with one in my pocket, the size is not as big an issue for me anymore.

- Nagging bugs: There have been some bugs reported with the 1520. Most are rare, but a very common one seems to be the swipe/tap issue. It annoys some people, others say it's not a big deal. It's a bit worrying that Nokia hasn't figured out a fix to this yet. I'm willing to take my chances though. And besides, every single phone will have its bugs for a while after launch.

In the end, the pros of the 1520 simply outweigh those of the 930 for me.

As for holding yourself... that's entirely a personal decision. If you don't have a regular girlfriend you're seeing I'd say go for it, at least once or twice a week.

Last edited:

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, was first so upset with Lumia 930 specs..wanted more battery, more space..also felt tht when will octa processor be announced..
recently came across the link: Do You Really Need A Quad-Core Smartphone? | TechTree.com
its like eye opener to me..if we can manage required apps efficiently, am feeling now that quad core is more than efficient and also battery can be managed. Currently holding Galaxy S (first version) and wanted to move to latest windows phone. It seems now am finalizing Lumia 930. Only thing am compromising here is size as I used to watch some videos regularly. Currently I have internal 16 gb and extenral 16 gb..so far I never felt tht I shud have more memory....
opinions are welcome

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to wait and see until the 930 is released before deciding as I am currently in the same boat - whether to get the 930 or upgrade to the 1520, After having gone through the 1520 forum for awhile and checked out the defects along with my expenses / bills for the next few months lol.

50ShadesOfDJWS

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see everyone's view, but I decided to wait for the 930 in green but if the 1520 comes out with a green or orange I'd gladly jump boat, but then again I saw how lovely onscreen buttons are on 630 and how amazing they look when matching the accent so I might look out for a high-end windows phone with onscreen buttons,
oh the decisions and all dem first world problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss