1520 PIN unlock Keyboard malfunctioning.

ICwater

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have my 1520 set with to require a PIN to unlock it. After updating to WP8.1 sometimes when I use the keypad it will register multiple taps even though I only touch the number once.
The only way I am able to get around this is to lock it again and then bring up the keypad again. This does not always work first time, it might take me locking it a few times.
this is a Nokia device not a branded AT&T device.
Anyone else having this issue?

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I get this issue yes, think a lot of people do. Seems to be a touch sensitivity issue. Hoping Nokia fix it in the Cyan update

augusto dibo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, bought mine from a seller in Amazon, I have found it to be a chinese Nokia 1520.1 model. This issue and the other issues reported here at WPCentral, like bing search popping up randomly, screen freezing randomly, back button activated randomly, the screen shaking up and down sometimes, and eventually freezing all input, all came after the last update, not windows 8.1 Preview, just the last regular update. I bought the phone in Jan 2014 and it worked like a charm, perfectly, until the said regular update.

[UPDATE]

I did a hard reset, installing another firmware to my phone.
So far, 24 hours have gone and I had no issues.

. HISTORY
Bought mine from a seller in Amazon in Jan 2014.
I have found it to be a chinese Nokia 1520.1 model.
It worked perfectly, from Jan thru March.
In April I have joined the Preview for Developers program.
I did a firmware update, going from:
RM937_1028.3534.1343.0002_RETAIL_apac_hong_kong
to:
RM937_1028.3562.1402.0003_RETAIL_apac_hong_kong

Then I started to experience several issues:
-Bing search popping up randomly
-Screen and buttons freezing randomly
-Back button activated randomly
-Screen shaking up and down
-WPCentral and Magnify BETA apps judders when scrolling
-Sometimes pressing the X button on the keyboard to go back and delete the dots causes the screen
to resize up, like if going from 1080 to 640 (VGA) on a PC screen. The only way to get out of this is
soft rebooting the phone by pressing volume down and power keys, since the numbered keypad cannot be seen
entirely on screen. Also, for the Screen and buttons freezing, the only way to get out was thru soft reset.

Later in April I have installed the Windows 8.1 Preview.
I was hoping this would fix things up.
However, the above mentioned issues continued.
The frequency of occurrence was about 10 times per day.

I use Glance and Double Tap to wake, since I also use these settings on my Lumia 820 with 8.1 and have no such issues so far.

. ACTIONS/SOLUTIONS
-Uninstall Glance and Touch apps, using the date trick.
Did not worked for me. It has improved though, only 2x a day.

-Hard Reset-
Firstly, I have backed up all data in the cloud.
Secondly, moved all Apps to the microSD card.

Then I have installed firmware:
RM937_1028.3534.1343.0001_RETAIL_eu_euro
This is the same version that came pre-installed with my phone, although the original version was apac region.
It did not solved the problems. I have started to see the back button and Bing search issues right after the installation, during the phone setup tutotial.

I have then installed firmware:
RM938_1028.3534.1343.0001_RETAIL_lta_brazil
I choose this because I live in Brazil.
I was worried, because my phone is RM-937 and could brick. But the installation was fine.
This has actually seemed to have fixed almost all the issues, so far. I say this because I had only one issue during these last 24 hours, which was the screen to resize up, like if going from 1080 to 640 (VGA) on a PC screen. However, it was momentarily and it was fixed after I have pressed the back button.

I am very happy since I am using all the features that I like - including Glance and Touch. All my Apps are back, running from the SD card, although I had to install those again in the phone and move again to the card. Also, the WPCentral and Magnify BETA apps judders/bumps issues when scrolling where all gone, surprisingly. There is a new issue for me, which was an -Audio pop that I have heard in two instances - one while opening the JAZZ Radio app and other just before hitting the answer button to a regular phone call. In the two instances I was using the headphones that came with the phone. However, I did never heard those pops before, since I bought the phone in Jan.

Hope my experience does help somebody. I know it is too early to tell if this has really solved the issues, but the results so far are very good. I will post any news on this front.

The resources that I utilized were:
- NaviFirm+ v3.2
- Nokia Care Suite-Product Support Toll for Store 5.0

v5.1.83.1414
- Tutorial HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ALL WP8 NOKIA LUMIA STOCK ROM, by by Anaheiim, on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Resurrecting an old thread...

I bought my first 1520 on release day. Bought it outright from AT&T. After a few weeks, I returned it due to the swipe /tap issue. A few weeks later, I bought a brand new, sealed, white 1520 from a seller on eBay. Again, over first few months, I experienced the touch/swipe issue, but that slowly went away with updates. Since around April of this year, the phone has been working fine.
Two weeks ago, however, I unlocked my phone and began typing in my pin. After pressing the first number, it repeatedly typed that number and I would get the incorrect password warning. Turn off phone, turn back on...still rapid typing. After turning the phone on and off couple of times, I would finally be able to use my phone.

How can everything work perfectly for 8 months or so, but then develop a problem that was supposedly fixed???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium