Has anyone tried removing the verizon logo?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it maybe a dozen times in the time I've owned the phone. Mostly when I reboot due to an upgrade. Never thought about messing with it honestly.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I thought you meant the logo screen when you boot the device. I didn't even think you would want to remove the physical logo.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I remember reading a while back that people were using sugar cubes to remove logo's from devices. I've seen it mentioned a few places like How to remove Logos from your PDA / cell phone with sugar : The Utensils:

The nokia logo doesn't bother me, but the verizon logo on the front glass is annoying, and wanted to know if anyone had tried to make it go away?

Don't do it. Those instructions are 8 years old when the logos of phones and PDAs were on the plastic housing and not on the glass itself. You try that on your Icon and all you will get is a scratched phone.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Would be better to sell it and get a 930 when it comes out :)
I believe for intents and purposes the 930 is the world wide version of the Icon, so you may not be able to get the 930, i.e., 930 will be available world wide, and the 929 (Icon) for the US

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The logo is under the glass and I assume you would have to replace that part with one from the 930 to get rid of it. The sugar or salt method worked on older phones but not this one.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think it has a thing about not liking your provider, but being stuck because it is the only one that gets reception in your area? Or at least not wanting to give out free advertising. Like why would someone pay to have a pizza place logo on their shirts? Your a walking billboard for the place and not collecting any money for it. Plus you had to PAY more for the shirt then you would have for a plain shirt.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I purchased this phone. Nokia made this phone. Microsoft made the operating system that runs on the phone. Verizon is nothing more than the network that I choose to use the phone on. Why should I have to look at this Verizon logo every time I look at my phone?

I don't care too much, I hardly notice it anymore. But it's the principle of the thing.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
i'd be much more interested in removing the Verizon/4g logo on the back of my white icon, if anyone has experience doing that. I was thinking maybe lightly sanding it with one of those magic eraser sponges

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i'd be much more interested in removing the Verizon/4g logo on the back of my white icon, if anyone has experience doing that. I was thinking maybe lightly sanding it with one of those magic eraser sponges

So not worth the risk...

The material on the back is a ceramic matte material. It would probably just end up making that area glossy.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The logos on the back of the 928 rubs off from regular use. My GF's white they are completely gone, and my black one is almost gone. on the screen idk if i would eff with that :p

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I guess that is where I don't get it since I like Verizon and look at the screen instead of the logos.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte