Lumia 930 availability

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, don't know how to interpreted it but this morning Orange France (largest mobile operator) took the Nokia 925 off-line from it shop. Now they published a overview with the 930 but redirecting to a page that does not exist.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, don't know how to interpreted it but this morning Orange France (largest mobile operator) took the Nokia 925 off-line from it shop. Now they published a overview with the 930 but redirecting to a page that does not exist.
truth the hard way - the 930 really does not (yet) exist... :D

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
truth the hard way - the 930 really does not (yet) exist... :D

I've now had enough. Sod Nokia, I cancelled my pre-order. I can't be bothered to play these games, and the way we are being treated is terrible.

Gonna stick with my iPhone for the foreseeable future. Shame I was excited, that excitement has now gone.

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I've now had enough. Sod Nokia, I cancelled my pre-order. I can't be bothered to play these games, and the way we are being treated is terrible.

Gonna stick with my iPhone for the foreseeable future. Shame I was excited, that excitement has now gone.

Sorry to hear that. I had a iPhone 4s and bought a Lumia 1020 two weeks ago to test and compare it against the Lumia 930.
I much happier with the Lumia 1020 than with the iPhone. But still dont know if should get the Lumia 930 or the 1020 because the camera is so cool and great.

And what i dont like (except the waiting-time) is that a worker from MS said that there is something great coming later this year.. does he mean the smartwatch or the Lumia 1030? The Lumia 1030 would be so great because of shoot faster photos.. but i dont want to use my iPhone 4s longer.. =(

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I had a iPhone 4s and bought a Lumia 1020 two weeks ago to test and compare it against the Lumia 930.
I much happier with the Lumia 1020 than with the iPhone. But still dont know if should get the Lumia 930 or the 1020 because the camera is so cool and great.

And what i dont like (except the waiting-time) is that a worker from MS said that there is something great coming later this year.. does he mean the smartwatch or the Lumia 1030? The Lumia 1030 would be so great because of shoot faster photos.. but i dont want to use my iPhone 4s longer.. =(

I have a iPhone 5s atm, really wanted to get the 930 cause I liked the bigger screen, better camera and the OS. But I refuse to be treated like this 3 mth wait for a phone is a joke!

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
And what i dont like (except the waiting-time) is that a worker from MS said that there is something great coming later this year.. does he mean the smartwatch or the Lumia 1030?

S/he was probably talking about the McLaren which according to The Verge sources is seen as a 1020 successor.

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5s atm, really wanted to get the 930 cause I liked the bigger screen, better camera and the OS. But I refuse to be treated like this 3 mth wait for a phone is a joke!

I would say wait the 10 (just ten) days more and get it or buy the L1020.
I am more scary about what the MS worker said.. if there will be a new phone in November, that is SO MUCH better than the L930.. this would make me sad/angry =/

S/he was probably talking about the McLaren which according to The Verge sources is seen as a 1020 successor.

mhmm =( so we all should wait until November, because McLaren should be much better?!

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't say that they will release something "better" than the 930. The reason the 1020 was made was for the mobile photographer. The size of the sensor will create a bulky phone if it were 5". I'd say expect something like the 925 with a better camera and CPU etc.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
For now I'm not moving to nokia, I have a cheap 625 that I use for development, May pick up a 635. But not for my primary device!

I might see what nokia brings in future, but iPhone 6 is coming soon.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
mhmm =( so we all should wait until November, because McLaren should be much better?!

If you care about having the latest and greatest with new motion capture technology and a 1020 successor camera module then yes, absolutely wait.

The Lumia 930 is merely a global release of the Lumia 929 which was supposed to be released as an exclusive on the US carrier Verizon all the way back in november-december 2013 according to numerous rumors. Nothing about it is by any means ground-breaking or new. It's just a nicely designed smartphone with solid - albeit not top-of-the-line - specifications from 8 months back.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you care about having the latest and greatest with new motion capture technology and a 1020 successor camera module then yes, absolutely wait.

The Lumia 930 is merely a global release of the Lumia 929 which was supposed to be released as an exclusive on the US carrier Verizon all the way back in november-december 2013 according to numerous rumors. Nothing about it is by any means ground-breaking or new. It's just a nicely designed smartphone with solid - albeit not top-of-the-line - specifications from 8 months back.
So what ground breaking things did the xperia x2 bring over the previous models? Or even the Samsung s4 bring over its predecessors

Ohhh wait Samsung have an s5 out too....... Ohhh my. Although the processor seems good nothing else does and hardly an upgrade for the s3 let alone the s4

Last edited:

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So what ground breaking things did the xperia x2 bring over the previous models? Or even the Samsung s4 bring over its predecessors

Ohhh wait Samsung have an s5 out too....... Ohhh my. Although the processor seems good nothing else does and hardly an upgrade for the s3 let alone the s4

I think I've made myself a bit misunderstood, considering your response.
There's arguably nothing revolutionary or ground-breaking about the current batch of spring flagships either. And if you're asking my opinion, I think they're all pretty uninspiring. My main point was that the autumn flagships that have been rumoured seem to be in a completely different league, especially the Nokia/MM McLaren. That's why I mentioned that nothing about the Lumia 930 was ground-breaking [unlike what's currently rumoured about the McLaren].

I would however like to bring up the point that although the newest iterations of the flagships on the market aren't revolutionary, they do bring solid advancements to the technology they come with. The S5 has an ISOCELL camera which is very impressive, a larger and critically acclaimed screen as well as a decent IP-certification. The Z2 comes with... actually I'm not sure, but it does have a faster processor among other things. The HTC One has a new camera sensor, a secondary depth-sensing camera, improved speakers and an improved display (and as with all the others, a new SoC).

The Lumia 930 came with absolutely nothing new, even though there was an 8 month gap from the initial planned release of the Lumia 929/Icon and the planned release of the Lumia 930. It has worse specifications than the Lumia 1520, which has microSD-support and a screen that allows Glance. The Lumia 930 does come at a cheaper price than the other spring flagships, so I have no intention of ranting on about it, but it does make it just that tiny step more uninspiring than the other spring flagships.

So to summarise if you don't want Android or iOS:
If you want revolutionary and awe-inspiring, wait 3-4 months.
If you merely want a solid performer, like the design and don't need Glance, the Lumia 930 is without a doubt very good.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

I thought there were a couple of differences between the Icon vs 930... The 930 has the Sensor Core (lower-power motion sensing) and funkier colour options.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium