Lumia 930 availability

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
What a load of boll**ks! I'm not going to wait another month.

I assure you its not, this was their actual reply to me. I am not impressed with the time frame they have with such an "important" device as this. Seeing as its their flagship device you would think they would push it out ASAP

People are moaning about lack of Glance and SD slot, i think the more pressing issue is why they hell is the device not released yet! They have launched the 630 now, which was announced at the same time.

I'm bored if waiting for it! Even started to look at other options.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Nokia_uk on Twitter advised me the 930 will be released on in July. No actual date.

"It's coming beginning of July! The wait will be worth it we can promise" - @nokia_uk

WTF!! It was supposed to be 8th of June, in UK. What kind of looser MS / Nokia is, they made us wait for 2 months, we mentally prepared ourself and waited for 2 months. Now they can't even keep up to their promise, no one is going to wait for another month, and Nokia / MS will be doomed.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
WTF!! It was supposed to be 8th of June, in UK. What kind of looser MS / Nokia is, they made us wait for 2 months, we mentally prepared ourself and waited for 2 months. Now they can't even keep up to their promise, no one is going to wait for another month, and Nokia / MS will be doomed.

8th June is a Sunday, there has been no set release date. To be fair, MS/Nokia only said Late June/Early July its the media (as always) reporting dates etc and giving people the wrong info.

That said, MS/Nokia should have announced a release date by now.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not the July date that's the problem, it's announcing it so early. If they announce it at the start of July its fine, its when they announce it four months too early that it becomes farcical.

Last edited:

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
8th June is a Sunday, there has been no set release date. To be fair, MS/Nokia only said Late June/Early July its the media (as always) reporting dates etc and giving people the wrong info.

That said, MS/Nokia should have announced a release date by now.

"We will start selling the LUMIA 930 globally in June". Those were the words I heard during the 930 announcement... never July! I heard the keynote.

Last edited:

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
"We will start selling the LUMIA 930 globally in June". Those were the words he hear during the 930 announcement... never July! I heard the keynote.

I only advised on what Nokia UK has tweeted me.

They stated "The Nokia Lumia 930 is priced at $599 before taxes and subsidies. It will be available from June – beginning in Europe, Asia, India, Middle East and Latin America – and will continue to rollout throughout the world (except the US) throughout the summer." in the press release (Nokia Lumia 930: simply the best of Microsoft and Lumia - Conversations) So it could be any time in June, even up to Monday the 30th. Maybe this is why they say July, cause that week is more July ;)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Either way, it is a shame! And inexcusable! This has got to be some exclusivity deal they made with Verizon. They clearly had no plans to make the ICON become the 930! Otherwise this launch could never take this long!!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just asked them the same question on twitter. If they tell me end of June and ask if I'm excited, they will hear (read) things that they don't want to hear.

Yes, I am that pissed off!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon