Lumia 930 availability

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think it is indeed. My German is not perfect but as I believe there are other complains of deliveries after 4 weeks.

for all non Germans: seems to be a private sell action... he is not an official reseller...
maybe he is one of the lucky ones who got one earlier e.g. he is a blogger, testing for a magazine...?

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Translation please :)
hehe, ok... ;-)
(btw, "me" was not personally me... just someone else...)

Me: Hello, just a short question to the availability of the Lumia 930: is there a estimated delivery date?
Ionut Finica (Amazon): Hello. I will check this for you.
Me: great, thank you!
Ionut Finica: Sorry, we have no final delivery date, but I can tell you that we have something more specific on our website this friday. Unfortunatly no more infos at the moment
Me: fantastic, that's enough for me ;) thanks a lot! have a nice day...

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
hehe, ok... ;-)
(btw, "me" was not personally me... just someone else...)

Me: Hello, just a short question to the availability of the Lumia 930: is there a estimated delivery date?
Ionut Finica (Amazon): Hello. I will check this for you.
Me: great, thank you!
Ionut Finica: Sorry, we have no final delivery date, but I can tell you that we have something more specific on our website this friday. Unfortunatly no more infos at the moment
Me: fantastic, that's enough for me ;) thanks a lot! have a nice day...

Could most likely be that they'll be updating their estimated shipping date to July 1st :)

AYUBM

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It's pretty ridiculous how microsoft and nokia make us wait when the phone is finished and just waiting.

I'm seriously considering getting the LG G3 instead. It's just $100 more unlocked with a higher resolution screen, SD memory support, bigger screen, lighter and just a little bit bigger.

Last edited:

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
When it was announced, the 930 was an insta-purchase for me, but every day that goes by with no firm release date I'm less and less enthused. On top of the phone being so similar to the Icon and not really understanding the delays and lack of release info, it's really disheartening to see HTC and now LG announce new flagships and get them in stores and/or state a definitive release date. If the 930 is dropping in the UK at the start of July, I can see it losing my custom to the G3 (much as I'm not keen on using Google services again).

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that in the beginning I didn't believe in those theories that the 930 wasn't supposed to be the ICON but Goodfinger.

But now, considering the shameful release process that we are seeing I wouldn't have any evidence to counter that theory!

I mean, right now, there is no other good explanation for what is happening!

1) 930 should have been Goldfinger.
2) The technology behind Goldfinger was delayed and Nokia couldn't have the phone ready on time for WP8.1 release.
3) But Nokia had to have a flagship device for the WP8.1 release, obviously.
4) They decided to make the ICON the 930 (the decision to do this may have been made even this year).
5a) They now have the phone ready but there was still an exclusivity period with Verizon for the ICON and they have to respect it until the end.

or

5b) They are still struggling to produce 930 in enough quantities for the international market since this model was never supposed to have so many units in the market (as a Verizon exclusive).

Either one of these has to be because I don't want to believe that Nokia is taking all this time realising a phone that has been carefully planned since the beginning! That would be absolutely shameful! If Nokia's Plan A was this, then there is something really bad going on! This disastrous 930 release better be Nokia's rushed Plan B!

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe its better to wait for the next top model, I think, that we will see a next flagship by the end of the year, that's why I had to let the 930 for what it was and bought another windowsphone (1520) it's big but I'm used to it now and I love it 😍 plus it has expandable storage 💃

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe its better to wait for the next top model, I think, that we will see a next flagship by the end of the year, that's why I had to let the 930 for what it was and bought another windowsphone (1520) it's big but I'm used to it now and I love it �� plus it has expandable storage ��

1520 worth it? I was tempted as its 1) cheaper, 2) out now, 3) same specs (basically)

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I would consider the 1520 but after looking at the 930 it looks very premium and I've taken a huge liking to it. It's the 930 or nothing for me. Until MS release a Surface phone next year :)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I would consider the 1520 but after looking at the 930 it looks very premium and I've taken a huge liking to it. It's the 930 or nothing for me. Until MS release a Surface phone next year :)

Yes! I couldn't go to the 1520 either.

1) It's too big for me.

2) I find the design of the 930 a lot better and premium looking.

I can't also wait for the next flagship because:

1) I've been without a WP for 10 months and I just barely can wait one more day let alone 4/5 more months.

2) Nothing assures me that if Microsoft announces the next flagship in, let's say, October, they won't give us another f***ing huge wait like they are doing now...

Pch79

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Ide say it may be stock issues... maybe they want to make sure there is enough out there available on release and I dare say when Nokia mention July as a release date that they are playing it safe so as not to get our hopes up further. Yeah it's a pain in the backside waiting and I want mine now! Haha :) but it'll be out sooner than we think. Don't any of you out there be silly and go buy Android or Apple again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss