Lumia 930 availability

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I will only buy the 930 if it comes to ATT with an sdcard slot which is unlikely or it has 32GB main memory which is probably equally unlikely given the l1520 on ATT

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I think that's the 25th week of the year, not 06.25. And if you look at the star on that roadmap, that is in the 24th.

24th week of 2014: June 9-15 (next week)
25th week of 2014: June 16-22

We'll see...

You're right, I just rushed reading it :) well shipments better start by the end of next week.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You're right, I just rushed reading it :) well shipments better start by the end of next week.
but it also says in bold "subject to change" and "must not be considered a commitment" :D
I think if we were this close to seeing the phones, then we would see the operators taking pre-orders by now. (imho).

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just called O2 (in the UK) and refused to be fobbed off with a "it's coming soon" response. Said I was on Vodafone and wanted to switch (which is a true statement) and wanted date so I can plan. They then had me on hold for around 5 mins whilst they got more info and got a firm confirmation (well as firm as I can guess) that it will be released on 3 Jul 2014. However, they will be opening up pre-orders shortly - in the next week or so - in order for deliveries to be made on that date. Obviously, I am assuming what I have been told is 100% true, but this is the firmest I have got. Also, I separately asked the same question on the O2 forums and got a message that they cannot confirm yet, but "I'm sure by this time next month you'll likely be sharing your thoughts on the new 930 device ;-)"

So there you have it - I think it's pretty much confirmed for a UK release date with O2 in the first week of July.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Just called O2 (in the UK) and refused to be fobbed off with a "it's coming soon" response. Said I was on Vodafone and wanted to switch (which is a true statement) and wanted date so I can plan. They then had me on hold for around 5 mins whilst they got more info and got a firm confirmation (well as firm as I can guess) that it will be released on 3 Jul 2014. However, they will be opening up pre-orders shortly - in the next week or so - in order for deliveries to be made on that date. Obviously, I am assuming what I have been told is 100% true, but this is the firmest I have got. Also, I separately asked the same question on the O2 forums and got a message that they cannot confirm yet, but "I'm sure by this time next month you'll likely be sharing your thoughts on the new 930 device ;-)"

So there you have it - I think it's pretty much confirmed for a UK release date with O2 in the first week of July.

There's no doubt the phone will have been released by then, it's just we've been waiting since April for this phone and everyone's on the edge of their seats wanting to get this phone. No one can really wait another month at this point and we want a release date of the next week or two.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
There's no doubt the phone will have been released by then, it's just we've been waiting since April for this phone and everyone's on the edge of their seats wanting to get this phone. No one can really wait another month at this point and we want a release date of the next week or two.

That's very true and I shared the same frustration earlier, but then I thought... it's only a phone and in 18-24 months it'll be in my bottom drawer and I'll have a new WP in my hands. However, what does stress me out is the lack of advertising & hype over these products. Apple just announced iOS 8.0 and it has pretty much everything in W8.1 + all the health related apps in the MS Store, but all the media went totally wild about this when it's already there in WP. That's what gets me on the edge of my seats - but with frustration!!! Arrrhhh!!!

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I think it is coming somewhere today. As I posted before SFR in France already have it's pre order form online with delivery the 13th next week. Yesterday Orange a other telco have announced a webcast about the new 930 at the 10th next week.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I think it is coming somewhere today. As I posted before SFR in France already have it's pre order form online with delivery the 13th next week. Yesterday Orange a other telco have announced a webcast about the new 930 at the 10th next week.

Nice! Will be great since I've got a pre-order in the French Amazon and Expansys stores.

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Nice! Will be great since I've got a pre-order in the French Amazon and Expansys stores.

Indeed and i think there is no other way of looking against it. With SFR the Lumia 930 with, black and green are having a shipping date of the 13th next week. The orange one have a release date of the 28th. Given this I expect that Orange France haze the or privilege or the biggest pre order to release the Lumia 930 in orange in France.

It's still a bit strange why SFR is publishing the release date and others are not but maybe it haze to do with prize negotiations.

A well it's how I see it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
During summers we have this happening at our marketplace every thursday. This week there was a Nokia truck (since this is the legendary city where Nokia's mobile phones originate from) and one of the key people who have worked on the 930 was there showing off the 930 in green and orange. She just said that it would be available (presumably she meant in finland) during the summer, but no other specifics.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
During summers we have this happening at our marketplace every thursday. This week there was a Nokia truck (since this is the legendary city where Nokia's mobile phones originate from) and one of the key people who have worked on the 930 was there showing off the 930 in green and orange. She just said that it would be available (presumably she meant in finland) during the summer, but no other specifics.
There is no point of making it available on late July or August. Because people will loose charm by that time. Their commitment was first week of June, so they should have fulfilled their commitment

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte