Lumia 930 availability

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Just spoke to SFR, the customer service agent confirms they will ship on the 13-6 however they dont ship out of France, and they devices are locked down.

I asked if they had stock, and she replied - "The mobile phones are on pre order and will be shipped by the 13.6.14."

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no point of making it available on late July or August. Because people will loose charm by that time. Their commitment was first week of June, so they should have fulfilled their commitment

People have already lost interest, especially with news of McLaren out in Q3 or Q4.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
People have already lost interest, especially with news of McLaren out in Q3 or Q4.

Actually, I'm still very much interested. I honestly don't see Kinect-like movements becoming the new industry standard because of the McLaren. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong.

Also McLaren seems to be a 1020 successor, meaning camera bump and, while I like good photos, I prefer less good photos over added thickness to a device. Again, if McLaren is a 1020 successor, it's still going to be a niche phone, meaning many will pass it.

Will I wait until November and in November wait again until April because I was not expecting another niche device? No way!

Last edited:

dwj130

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, good luck to people waiting for the "McLaren". At the moment, it is just a rumour. The 930 is an actual announced device (albeit not even a new device) which was announced months ago and we still can't even pre-order it yet. Imagine when we will be actually able to buy "McLaren" in the shops!

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I'm still very much interested. I honestly don't see Kinect-like movements becoming the new industry standard because of the McLaren. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong.

Also McLaren seems to be a 1020 successor, meaning camera bump and, while I like good photos, I prefer less good photos to added thickness to a device. Again, if McLaren is a 1020 successor, it's still going to be a niche phone, meaning many will pass it.

Will I wait until November and in November wait again until April because I was not expecting another niche device? No way!

And not to mention that with a camera hump, it's likely there won't be built-in wireless charging.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile... June 10th, still no precise release date for the LUMIA 930.

A phone this good deserved something better than the worst launch process in the hole Nokia history.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
A phone this good deserved something better than the worst launch process in the hole Nokia history.
Maybe we should give the nickname "Duke Nukem 3D Handy" to the Lumia 930... cause it's done when it's done... :p

Power Surge

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

^This.
Makes me sad man :(
Guess I'll just have to upgrade to the 1020 on Saturday.
Then you just watch how the 930 gets released globally on the following day as my luck would have it.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
^This.
Makes me sad man :(
Guess I'll just have to upgrade to the 1020 on Saturday.
Then you just watch how the 930 gets released globally on the following day as my luck would have it.

Don't do it. You will regret it! Still this is disrespectful from Microsoft/Nokia to their fans!

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't do it. You will regret it! Still this is disrespectful from Microsoft/Nokia to their fans!

I know I will but I also don't want to wait too long, coz the 1020 is still great.
Nokia South Africa doesn't even have the Lumia 930 on their site, and they only got the 630 on their site this month.

johnepedersen

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
wp choices in norway before 930 is available:
925 is the normal sized flagship. this now old phone has approx the same specs as my htc 8x which is even 6 months older. 1320/1520 is too big for me, and I want a bigger screen than the 1020 (and I suspect the camera is a bit slow?).

agree with those before me here that thrashes the launch of this phone.

if I want a wp alternative to z2, galaxy s5, lg and all those androids with the newest technology and a 5 inch screen I have: NONE. frustrating!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss