Lumia 930 availability

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
At the moment I am very happy with my new Lumia 1020. I must test the battery because it seems little bit buggy =/ and I got a AT&T from amazon (i live in Germany).

But i dont know if I would change it against the L930.

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
There are many factors involved.

First, this one is taking more than any other models from Nokia. The 920, for example, was a 2 months wait. This one is almost 3 months and it may very well go beyond that.

Second, it's just stupid that this specific model is taking so long, considering that it has already been launched in the US (LUMIA ICON) in Fabruary. It's just hard to explain why the international version is only coming mid July.

Third, the industry is getting more and more competitive. If you want to be among the best you have to be at least as good as them. And, as I said before, Apple usually takes only 2 weeks to release a phone after its announcement. Samsung is usually 4 weeks. You can't compare yourself to the worst. If you want to be the best you shouldn't need more than 4 weeks to release your products. This one is already 10 weeks or so.

Forth, it's the disrespect to your loyal customers. You don't say in the announcement that you will take 2 months to release your phone and than you take 3 months to release it without providing any explanation for that 1 month delay.

February

Bernhard Koenig

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
End of June, begin of July ... seriously, it really doesn't matter. If it would be end of the year all of a sudden, of course, I'd cancel too, but 2 or 3 more weeks don't make this phone any less desirable.

Of course I understand the frustration, after all, I waited for this phone for years. I'm still with a Lumia 800 as none of the previous phones had all I wanted. The 1020 was damn close, but I just couldn't get over the fact I would spend € 800 on a phone of that size that still has no wireless charging built in.

The Icon was near perfect then, and as it comes to Europe as the 930 it's the obvious choice. It looks great albeit it comes with a iPhony aluminium frame that makes it very vulnerable to scratches compared to bodies made entirely of polycarbonate (after all those years, the 800 has its damaged edges too, but compared to which crashes this phone survived, it still looks almost new) and the camera might not be as great as the one in the 1020 - but it will do as a all-day replacement for carrying around my DSLR just fine. Everything else is fine and I think I can wait for another 3 years and still won't find a phone that really does everything I want 100 % perfect - so the 930 is it.

AND I'M REALLY, ABSOLUTELY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT LIKE CRAZY ... everyday I think about my little package, somewhere out there in this vast, amazing world, just waiting to be delivered to me. I seriously can't wait. And as much as I too hate Nokia and MS for announcing things that are months away instead of releasing them only a few weeks later, and even then they don't make it in the announced timeframe - it's just a few more weeks. This phone will be worth it.

I'll be damned if I cancel my preorder now.

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
... everyday I think about my little package

fair enough.. yes its only a few weeks until the release apparently (has Nokia or Microsoft confirmed that???) but as mentioned previously I'm currently using IOS and Android and are happy with that. I had a N920 and sold it pretty quickly (lack of battery life for me was a killer) but was thinking of jumping back to Windows Phone.

For me a lot of the apps i use today in IOS and Android don't exist for Windows Phone or their is only bad 3rd party options that don't seem to have the quality. So really it was a step backwards for me in some areas but I'm sure one day this won't be the case. But anyway i was borderline if i would try Windows Phone again and bother with the trouble of migrating etc. this launch or lack of was the final thing that stopped me from doing it.

Also i use MAC OS and the upcoming IOS integration like Handover really looks good

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I was in a Local O2 store in the uk today and they reckon mid July for the launch of it. One of the guys was really clued up on it which made it even better. Pretty stoked for this phone it just ticks all the right buttons. Even if I have to wait a few more months my refresh account is just waiting for it.

Gonna keep my 1020 as a spare phone and use the 930 daily, O2's reps are really pushing WP sales which is great to see and can only be a big plus with the uk adoption rate.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was in a Local O2 store in the uk today and they reckon mid July for the launch of it. One of the guys was really clued up on it which made it even better. Pretty stoked for this phone it just ticks all the right buttons. Even if I have to wait a few more months my refresh account is just waiting for it.

Gonna keep my 1020 as a spare phone and use the 930 daily, O2's reps are really pushing WP sales which is great to see and can only be a big plus with the uk adoption rate.

That's if it ever comes out. Just slips and slips and here we are coming to the end of June and the release dates are still speculated, nothing confirmed anywhere.

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was in local Vodafone shop today and no news there either as to when it is coming.

I have a theory that maybe its being held back to tie in with formal release of 8.1 and the release of Cortana in the UK, so it is fully functioning as soon as its released.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That's if it ever comes out. Just slips and slips and here we are coming to the end of June and the release dates are still speculated, nothing confirmed anywhere.

Well, plenty of markets in Europe already have a confirmed release date. About UK I do't know, though.

Nijaz Turdaliev

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
There is no confirmed dates from Nokia/Microsoft anywhere across Europe or any other region. It's all retailer/press speculation.
There is confirmation from Nokia in their russian online store. In Moscow Lumia 930 will be avaliable in June 30. And as I said earlier, local retailer have a date June 29. Have to wait for a week.

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
There is confirmation from Nokia in their russian online store. In Moscow Lumia 930 will be avaliable in June 30. And as I said earlier, local retailer have a date June 29. Have to wait for a week.

can you please post the link to the nokia russian date confirmation. just tried looking but couldn't find it (my russian is pretty bad) thanks

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This delay is crazy. It was announced months ago.

Its basically irrelevant now.

My wife needs to replace her 920 (her mic hasn't been working properly and no one can hear her). She really wanted a 930. But she can't wait any longer, so she's off to reluctantly get an IPhone 5S today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb