Lumia 930 availability

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a complete disaster of a launch, excitement has pretty much died for this phone. The 930 really had a chance, but that was if it was launched along side it's near hardware twin the 1520. Microkia really likes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The icon shows it could have launched far earlier, what's their problem?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
For the average Joe (i.e. not us) they will not see any difference. They don't know anything about this phone, so the first they'll hear about it is when it appears in shops - hence the delay is pretty much irrelevant to them. It's only those who are checking sites everyday for updates who are getting frustrated and as I've said before... its only a phone!!!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
For the average Joe (i.e. not us) they will not see any difference. They don't know anything about this phone, so the first they'll hear about it is when it appears in shops - hence the delay is pretty much irrelevant to them. It's only those who are checking sites everyday for updates who are getting frustrated and as I've said before... its only a phone!!!

I'm not sure if the average Joe even looks at high-end LUMIAS anymore. He sure does for low-end LUMIAS but when it comes to high-end, I think most sales are driven by WP enthusiasts. When the average Joe looks at high-end phones, he usually only sees the ones who have huge marketing campaigns supporting them (iPhones and Galaxies), everything else goes unnoticed for him.

Note: this is my opinion, based on what I see.

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone actually knows why is it delayed so much? I mean, there should be a strong reason behind this, which we outsiders may not know. They had the Icon, which they only needed tweaked a little to sell internationally. It'd be interesting if any one has inside information regarding this.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
At this rate if this thing does end up coming to Canada it'll be sometime in the Septemberish timeframe (the 1020 came to Canada in September, after it was announced in July). Sigh, I was ready to get one of these in April....

They sure botched this launch, I mean the Surface Pro 3 just got announced like a month ago and is already seeing release.

Most other manufacurers have like a month delay between announcement and release. The 3 month delay has completely extinguished whatever fanfare and anticipation anyone had for the phone.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it is it can't be waiting on WP8.1 or the fabled Cyan update as these are both on the 630 and soon to be released 635.

It could be issues with the sensor core, but the 630 has this so no!

It seems they are staggering releases, maybe they expect a huge demand for the 930 so delayed for production reasons. The issue there is that demand will drop due to the lengthily launch window.

France 27th June, Russian 30th I think will come and go as per all other dates. The more likely date of after the 10th July is more realistic.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, the phone just appeared on the price list of Telenor, the 2nd largest operator in Hungary as "comig soon". It is priced at €600 with no contract and €430 with 2 years. No ETA, but they usually refresh the price list every 2 weeks and normally they are pretty secretive about what phones are coming up, so the simple fact it is on the price list tells me the launch must be imminent.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if the average Joe even looks at high-end LUMIAS anymore. He sure does for low-end LUMIAS but when it comes to high-end, I think most sales are driven by WP enthusiasts. When the average Joe looks at high-end phones, he usually only sees the ones who have huge marketing campaigns supporting them (iPhones and Galaxies), everything else goes unnoticed for him.

Note: this is my opinion, based on what I see.

The way I see it, is that the average Joe is interested in or buys the iPhone. The 930 is on par (or IMHO better than the current iPhone) so we're talking about the same group of people and it would be reasonable for them to consider the 930 assuming it is marketed correctly. Actually, it may be a good thing that it hasn't been advertised widely yet, as then the average Joe would start complaining that it's been delayed and that would be very bad for the brand.

ArtV

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Vietnam release date is now 15 July, for 12,990,000vnd (approx. $610). Nokia Lumia 930 - Th?ng tin chi ti?t - MaiNguyen.vn

Previous dates in Vietnam were 21/22 June, then moved to 9 July now 15 July. The Mai Nguyen website stayed away from the earlier dates and has only posted this date and the final price - they are known for their accuracy for prices/dates and don't usually publish speculative or unconfirmed dates/prices.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Adding "insult to injury", the new X2 announced today is available effective immeditely. It is 30% cheaper than the 630 and has a flash, ffc... Meanwhile the 720/820 are 1,5-2 years old and the 930 takes 3 months to ship. Wow, just wow.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Adding "insult to injury", the new X2 announced today is available effective immeditely. It is 30% cheaper than the 630 and has a flash, ffc... Meanwhile the 720/820 are 1,5-2 years old and the 930 takes 3 months to ship. Wow, just wow.

Dont forget the 630 was released end of may as they stated, and the 635 end of june ;)

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand this. How can this take so long. This thread started on the 23rd of April - it's been exactly 3 months since then and we have to wait probably a 4th month for it to be in our hands? Nokia/MS will be releasing their Aug/Sept Flagship by then and we'll left in the dust!

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand this. How can this take so long. This thread started on the 23rd of April - it's been exactly 3 months since then and we have to wait probably a 4th month for it to be in our hands? Nokia/MS will be releasing their Aug/Sept Flagship by then and we'll left in the dust!

10384588_10152452603785090_3489646020026399167_n.jpg

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
2 months.... ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre