Lumia 930 availability

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I am but I very rarely play... Am normally on Steam though _sebbak_ (I'm A Cosmic Bullet on Xbox)

I dont use Steam, my Laptop is mainly used for development and graphic design :( however i think it could be good gaming system (Dell XPS 15 - the new one)

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I dont use Steam, my Laptop is mainly used for development and graphic design :( however i think it could be good gaming system (Dell XPS 15 - the new one)

Yeah you'll probably do ok with that! Don't join Steam now though, there's a sale on and your wallet will hate you.

To keep on topic - I'll pop in store tomorrow and see what info I can wrangle out of them.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
We, consumers, have all this hard time getting any info out of Nokia... I'm now thinking about carriers. They must have the same problems working with Nokia. They have their plans and then Nokia doesn't deliver. It must be frustrating to carriers too! Not just for consumers.

So, thinking as if I were the carriers, would I like to work and support a company that doesn't keep its promises, timings and, above all, doesn't give me any information that I can give to my customers? Or do I want to work with an organised company that tells me that they will have their phone ready by day X and actually delivers? This must be a reason why carriers "protect" Apple and Samsung so much nowadays. They must be really well organised and nice to work with.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
This is what o2 uk just had to say

: Hello, it's Brad here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
stuart: im interested in buying a lumia 930 and cant seem to find one do you have any?
Brad: Let me check this for you
stuart: thanks
Brad: Thank you for your patience Stuart
Brad: The Nokia Lumia 930 isn't available on sale yet
stuart: ohh
stuart: any idea on a date I can get one?
Brad: It is more likely to be commencing on sale since the next month's 1st week
Brad: It is more likely to be commencing on sale from the 1st week of July
Brad: we do not have an exact date as of yet
Brad: You can visit our coming soon page https://forums.windowscentral.com/e....o2.co.uk%2Fshop%2Fcoming-soon&token=HenK0qj4 where you can register your interest in your favourite manufacturers to receive texts and email updates on future launches
stuart: ok do you know if you will be doing any deals with the phone
Brad: Yes, we would be having the phone on Pay and Go and Pay monthly as well
Brad: But would not be able to comment on the tariff, I'm afraid
Yep - that's pretty what they've been telling me in their forums and also via phone.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
They have already delayed beyond a month. No matter what is in their mind? Are they planning to delay it beyond august? At one stage, they are giving too much stress to low end crappy!!! stuff like 630 and X2, and their main flagship device, which the whole world is waiting after, they are continuously delaying. Is this Nokia's carelessness or some kind of internal dispute?

Every morning I open this thread, waiting for good news, and finally face frustration. WTF!!!

Last edited:

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
They have already delayed beyond a month. No what is in their mind? Are they planning to delay it beyond august? At one stage, they are giving too much stress to low end crappy!!! stuff like 630 and X2, and their main flagship device, which the whole world is waiting after, they are continuously delaying. Is this Nokia's carelessness or some kind of internal dispute?

Every morning I open this thread, waiting for good news, and finally face frustration. WTF!!!

Just gotta hope the device live up to the hype and doesn't let us all down ;)

The only time I've been excited to get a new device, and anticipated it's release was the iPhone 5s and I got that day of release, swapped out my iPhone 5!

Then the lumia 930 was announced and I was like "I want that!!". Due to lack of info and release the anticipation has died and move to concern it won't live up to the hype! I've even gone as far as looking at alternate devices.

This is probably why windows phone has only the 4th place in the market too as a lot of people will be put off by the "delay" as we call it.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
End of the day I wanted a high end windows phone, not the next iPhone. The iPhone 6 releases end of September, which will be a week after it's announced!
Microsoft take heed!!!

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Nokia / MS are following an unfair trade practice, where they will make users wait like crazy, and then launch it with extreme high price, as they are aware that people will buy it no matter how much the price is, after waiting for so long. They know that we don't have an alternative to 930 in Nokia / windows section. HTC and Samsung don't live with the quality that Nokia provides for windows phone. A Windows customer will never go towards android or a small screen iPhone. Nokia / MS knows this weakness of the consumer

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Concerning the Lumia 930 release MS/Nokia did a really very VERY bad information policy not only to their fans/customer/pre-orderers but I believe also to the resellers/providers - that's imho the reason why all of them just can't tell a serious release/availability/delivery date - and they try to compensate this with more and more doubtful self-called or estimated release/availability/delivery dates based on some rumors just to keep on their customer's anticipation to this device, and for sure to get as many pre-orders as they can...

So far we already had a couple of "announced release dates", none of them was correct. Again there are several "now we got a release date, seriously!" - but asking in shops, via chat or whatever simple gives us answers we already heard several times in the last 2 month: "we have no further informations", "look at BLABLA to keep yourself informed", "it shall be available in the next couple of weeks", etc.
Even the Microsoft Store Germany changed their release date (yesterday delivery until "11.07.2014", today available "in the next couple of weeks...") - just ridiculous!

What really went wrong at MS/Nokia and why this release ist just a total mess - well, we only can guess und speculate: delay of windows phone 8.1, delay of cyan update, some hardware issues, problems in manufacturing... if MS/Nokia really cares about their customers/fans/pre-orderers - we don't know... if MS/Nokia is aware of some customers/fans/pre-orderers get really angry and pi**ed of - we even don't know.

It's just up to everyone of us, if we can live with the situation or not...
I for myself have decided to wait until... ok, until a better windows phone will be released... :)

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Right Chaps and Chapettes...

I spoke to a seemingly helpful guy at Vodafone (UK) and he's told me the following:

Release Date: 17th July - He seemed pretty sure of this, see below.
Price Plans: He estimated it'd be inline with previous premium WP handsets so he was guessing ?37-?42 pm on a 4G contract.
Colour Options: No info.

Regarding the release date, he said that Nokia had been to Vodafone recently to show case a couple of new devices (930 and 630 I believe) and he had suggested that Nokia were waiting on some form of update to take place before releasing the 930 (Cortana for the UK maybe? Official 8.1 release date? I dunno)

The price plans were his best guess, and looking at the 1520 prices I'm inclined to think he's not a million miles off. I see the 1520 costing a bit more in fact due to it's 'phablet' status

No news on colours unfortunately - guess we'll have to wait and see.

If this date sticks I don't mind so much, however, my current phone is such an epic piece of crap that I can see myself just getting a new phone the next time it decides to crap out on me. I'll have to resist the temptation!

I've also organised a call back from Vodafone as soon as the 930 goes live - though it remains to be seen if I get that call!

cwwei

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
@sandeepsb no, yesterday :D but they did a mail that they don't habe it in store yet. They should hurry up, my 8x is breaking apart..

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Right Chaps and Chapettes...

I spoke to a seemingly helpful guy at Vodafone (UK) and he's told me the following:

Release Date: 17th July - He seemed pretty sure of this, see below.
Price Plans: He estimated it'd be inline with previous premium WP handsets so he was guessing ?37-?42 pm on a 4G contract.
Colour Options: No info.

Regarding the release date, he said that Nokia had been to Vodafone recently to show case a couple of new devices (930 and 630 I believe) and he had suggested that Nokia were waiting on some form of update to take place before releasing the 930 (Cortana for the UK maybe? Official 8.1 release date? I dunno)

The price plans were his best guess, and looking at the 1520 prices I'm inclined to think he's not a million miles off. I see the 1520 costing a bit more in fact due to it's 'phablet' status

No news on colours unfortunately - guess we'll have to wait and see.

If this date sticks I don't mind so much, however, my current phone is such an epic piece of crap that I can see myself just getting a new phone the next time it decides to crap out on me. I'll have to resist the temptation!

I've also organised a call back from Vodafone as soon as the 930 goes live - though it remains to be seen if I get that call!

So SIM free version should come weeks before 17th July?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99