Lumia 930 availability

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
See I'm getting conflicting information from vodafone.
They phoned up yesterday stating that my upgrade was due and what phone i was looking at, so clearly i said Nokia Lumia 930, but stated it hasn't been released yet. She replied that they actually have it in stock right now but can't give me one? Whether that just means that they are waiting for Nokia/Microsoft to release a date or what I don't know, But I'm on a chat with a rep now and ill update.

Update: CS know nothing about it as per other people stating in this thread.

Problem I seem to be getting is it very much depends on who you talk to. Some people say there's no info at all, and others have told me a date of 17th July. I'd assume they all get their info from the same place, so not sure why there's such a disparity in information from them?!

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I think I just got an email confirmation from Expansys FR on shipping for my 930! Hurray!!!

EDIT: Just translated the email, it's confirmation of my pre-order and that it will be sent out as soon as it's available. Hopefully in the next day or two!
You're travelling the same path as me, lol! Who have you got pre-orders with now?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
MS UK said to me today "later in summer" for the lumia 930 in the UK while discussing the surface 3.

I managed to sneak in the question and commented on the release too lol

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just cancelled my Amazon.fr order and ordered from Expansys France. They are including the free accessories pack - headphones, Bluetooth speaker and wireless charging plate. I am in the UK and the confirmation email I got says 'sous 6 jours' (within 6 days). The total cost is 563.18 Euros which equates to ?447.97. Knowinf my luck, Amazon.fr will begin shipping sooner, but their deal doesn't include the accessory pack.

Expansys France let you ship to the UK?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Problem I seem to be getting is it very much depends on who you talk to. Some people say there's no info at all, and others have told me a date of 17th July. I'd assume they all get their info from the same place, so not sure why there's such a disparity in information from them?!
Ok,
Well, I popped into the Vodafone store on the way home and asked again... he logged onto his computer and loaded the Vodafone 'Knowledgebase', where he showed me (or rather I looked over his shoulder) the release memo.
It stated pretty much what I posted a couple of days ago... That original pre-order was the 16th June with Launch being 3rd July. However this was now changed to no pre-order and Launch on the 17th.

Whether other UK operators have different dates, I don't know - but I'd say that's 3 times I've got the same info from Vodafone, so would be pretty confident that's the date they are working towards.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok,
Well, I popped into the Vodafone store on the way home and asked again... he logged onto his computer and loaded the Vodafone 'Knowledgebase', where he showed me (or rather I looked over his shoulder) the release memo.
It stated pretty much what I posted a couple of days ago... That original pre-order was the 16th June with Launch being 3rd July. However this was now changed to no pre-order and Launch on the 17th.

Whether other UK operators have different dates, I don't know - but I'd say that's 3 times I've got the same info from Vodafone, so would be pretty confident that's the date they are working towards.

What a lame date - I'm guessing it's due to the Cortana UK update.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral just covered two storys: 930 will be 495 ? in Belgium yay. But German Telekom will start selling it end of July. END OF JULY?!?!?

N1Andy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I rang Orange UK on Monday to get my PAC code as I was after a 1520, but they offered me a free 930 with Unltd Mins, Unltd Texts & 5GB (double speed?) 4G for ?27/month, which I didn't think was bad.........but when he tried to put it through the system said it wasn't available for dispatch until the 15th. He's going to call me back on the 14th/15th to finalise the deal.

N1Andy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I rang Orange UK on Monday to get my PAC code as I wanted a 1520 (which Orange don't sell). The retentions guy offered me a free 930 with Unltd mins & texts & 5GB data (double speed 4G apparently?) for ?27/month, which I thought was a good price. However, when he tried to put it through his system it said it wasn't available until the 15th, so he's ringing me back then to confirm.

*Just seen the comment regarding Vodafone and wonder whether the 15th would be for order and delivery on the 17th for release?

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I rang Orange UK on Monday to get my PAC code as I wanted a 1520 (which Orange don't sell). The retentions guy offered me a free 930 with Unltd mins & texts & 5GB data (double speed 4G apparently?) for ?27/month, which I thought was a good price. However, when he tried to put it through his system it said it wasn't available until the 15th, so he's ringing me back then to confirm.

*Just seen the comment regarding Vodafone and wonder whether the 15th would be for order and delivery on the 17th for release?

Did they say what colours they were offering?

N1Andy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Did they say what colours they were offering?
When he was apologising for not having the 1520 he just mentioned off the cuff that they had the 930 show on their system today (Monday) and would I be interested - forgot to ask about colours, and not having seen one in the flesh I'm in two minds as to preference (normally I like Black, but the bezel in aluminium looks real nice in the pics and might have to plump for white given a choice).

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When he was apologising for not having the 1520 he just mentioned off the cuff that they had the 930 show on their system today (Monday) and would I be interested - forgot to ask about colours, and not having seen one in the flesh I'm in two minds as to preference (normally I like Black, but the bezel in aluminium looks real nice in the pics and might have to plump for white given a choice).
See i was hoping for a green one but someone else mentioned that they offered them the black or orange one which is probably the worse 2 and seems ee is a green logo was hoping they may have got that one

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems they do have a big marketing push for the device in Europe - even in Hungary, where we usually don't get any of that attention. Microsoft just took out a full page ad at a big e-tailer, announcing the official availability on July 11 and promising a Treasure Tag for pre-orders. Too bad the phone only seems to come in black and white to that store and T-mobile too. I really hope this won't mean no orange phones sold anywhere...
Extreme Digital online ?ruh?z

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Cancelled my Amazon.fr order, ordered from Expansys France, then a couple of hours later Amazon.fr is showing they have stock! Have sent an email to Expansys France to cancel my order (thank goodness I speak French, lol) and re-ordered from Amazon. They say I will receive the phone Monday or Tuesday next week. The total cost of the order is ?441.38.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb