Lumia 930 availability

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I should get my Lumia 930 today :) Can't wait :)

edit: But i heard from a display defect =/ Little bit scary
yes i heard about the purple hue on the screen but apparently it a software issue.

which makes me think, did Microsoft do any testing on real devices!!!

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
yes i heard about the purple hue on the screen but apparently it a software issue.

which makes me think, did Microsoft do any testing on real devices!!!
Come on now! It's not like they had 5 months to fix this since the issue surfaced with the Icon.... Oh, wait...

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
just got my n930 in black delivered. ordered yesterday afternoon from amazon.de
ordered at which reseller at amazon.de marketplace?
I ordered yesterday at DastroMedia, just got the info that they send it now, should arrive tomorrow... hope so... ;-)

Last edited:

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think I will not use it because I am Prime-member at Amazon.
offtopic:
honestly, and not because I am working at maxdome: I'm also a prime-member at amazon, but movie content density is really low there, even less than WatchEver... most content currently at maxdome, but also not satisfying imho... hope that the Netflix start at September brings more movement to this market in Germany... competition ist always good for the customers... :)

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why this phone is taking so long to release, and in such a sloppy way as well. When Samsung or Apple release their flagship they set a release date and stick to it - not release it in bits and pieces in different countries without any proper announcements.

I was so hyped for this phone coming to the UK, getting it on O2 contract etc. They announced it months ago, plus it's been in the US as the Icon since last year. Maybe they were still testing WP 8.1 - either way they're about to lose a fan if they don't get their act together.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why this phone is taking so long to release, and in such a sloppy way as well. When Samsung or Apple release their flagship they set a release date and stick to it - not release it in bits and pieces in different countries without any proper announcements.

I was so hyped for this phone coming to the UK, getting it on O2 contract etc. They announced it months ago, plus it's been in the US as the Icon since last year. Maybe they were still testing WP 8.1 - either way they're about to lose a fan if they don't get their act together.

Yeah I think maybe they should of held back on the initial announcement personally.

Though incase you missed an earlier post, it looks like the 17th July is the date to put in your diary - I think that's when the UK carriers are going to relase the phone.

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I did see that earlier - 17th July is not too bad, but I'd still like it sooner of course, especially as it was announced and listed on Nokia's website a long time ago...and it was on O2's site as "coming soon" for over a month now.

They definitely should have announced it MUCH later. To capitalise on consumer excitement and hype, they should release the phone within a month of it being announced. Problem is that the hardware specifications are now old because of the delay - in February when it was announced they were OK, but in July? It's old.

I'll still get one despite the old specs and poor release, and I'm sure I'll love it, but I know at least 6 people (work colleagues/friends/randoms) who were tired of waiting and ended up getting an iPhone or Android device instead of the 930.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I did see that earlier - 17th July is not too bad, but I'd still like it sooner of course, especially as it was announced and listed on Nokia's website a long time ago...and it was on O2's site as "coming soon" for over a month now.

They definitely should have announced it MUCH later. To capitalise on consumer excitement and hype, they should release the phone within a month of it being announced. Problem is that the hardware specifications are now old because of the delay - in February when it was announced they were OK, but in July? It's old.

I'll still get one despite the old specs and poor release, and I'm sure I'll love it, but I know at least 6 people (work colleagues/friends/randoms) who were tired of waiting and ended up getting an iPhone or Android device instead of the 930.

Yeah it's a shame really. However, I think the issue is a product of the technology we have at hand right now, so it's kind of a self sustaining cycle.

News about a new product can be world wide in literally minutes, and in todays modern times, everyone wants everything yesterday. A few months really isn't that long to wait in the grand scheme of things, but it's a shame WP could be losing quite a large section of their potential customer base purely because people can't be bothered to wait.

It would have been made a lot better if there had been a bit more info released regarding the dates, rather than the complete radar silence that's been experienced and then suddenly the phone popping up all over Europe at different times.

I'm still stoked for the phone and can't wait. I know some people want the latest bleeding edge tech and a bajillion megapixel camera and wot not, but I just want a fast phone that does what I need it to and the 930 looks to fulfill that comfortably.

Plus I'm looking forward to setting my HTC on fire and filming it with Carl Zeiss optics :grin:

Omnomnom

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Got an E-Mail from the online shop I ordered my 930 (technikdirekt.de). They still don't know a date when they receive the phones… meh. Hard to see some people here already having theirs, but in the next two weeks I will hopefully get mine :)

blade-jac

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
all those who have ordered from amazon.fr or .de.
whats it the box, are the freebies in there that everyone was going on about. extra charging plate and speaker etc.

No doubt that will come to UK albeit at a premium. Anyone ordered abroad and using in the UK yet ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion