Lumia 930 availability

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
for anyone that knows the answer, the unlocked phones from expansys.FR site should work on any carrier around the world as long as the carrier supports the band frequency right?

just spoke with a rep inquiring on shipping to Canada and she stated in the email:

"I will inquire if we can process an order for Canada placed from the French website, however, I would like to inform you that our French phones are locked for use in Europe and European departments."

not sure what that means to be exact

this is exactly what samsung does now too with the region locks. but once you use the phone with an EU sim provider its good to go in the rest of the world. but not sure about with the n930

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Just had an instant chat with Amazon.fr and the CS rep has assured me the phone will be shipped today, for delivery Mon/Tues next week. Can't wait! None of the UK sites are showing as in stock so I'm pleased I ordered from France!

Mine says Monday 7th - I'm pretty sure you ordered before me. What colour did you get?

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled my pre-order and then reordered Wednesday evening. I went for the white - felt I'd be limited by the orange or green. When I had a red housing for my 920 I had to have a red theme, didn't look good with any other colour. I replaced it with a white housing and could use any theme colour I liked. I noticed that the coloured backs are available on eBay, so maybe I could change the colour later if I get fed up of the white.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I cancelled my pre-order and then reordered Wednesday evening. I went for the white - felt I'd be limited by the orange or green. When I had a red housing for my 920 I had to have a red theme, didn't look good with any other colour. I replaced it with a white housing and could use any theme colour I liked. I noticed that the coloured backs are available on eBay, so maybe I could change the colour later if I get fed up of the white.

I went with white too and ordered the red wireless charging plate from Amazon uk

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
this is exactly what samsung does now too with the region locks. but once you use the phone with an EU sim provider its good to go in the rest of the world. but not sure about with the n930

hmm if that is the case, i wonder if flashing with a different global rom will fix the issue as the region lock is software based anyways

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
correct me if I'm wrong, but the front of the 930 is black, only the back plate has color. So it's not like the full polycarbonate body where the sides of the front also had the same color so not every theme looked good.

Last edited:

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you're right, maybe I'm a bit OCD, but I wouldn't be happy having, say, a cyan theme on a phone with a bright orange back plate.

N1Andy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is interested, EE UK have it listed as 'coming soon', I'm currently with EE so thought I'd see if I could upgrade.
Anyway, "We don't have an exact date, it will be later in the year, could be 3 months, could be 5 months".

Awesome - so looks like I will have to buy myself out of the contract then!
It's available to order from the 15th - I rang on Monday to get my PAC code and the retensions guy could see it on his system but can't put the order through until 15th (?27=unltd mins & txts & 5GB 4G).

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's available to order from the 15th - I rang on Monday to get my PAC code and the retensions guy could see it on his system but can't put the order through until 15th (?27=unltd mins & txts & 5GB 4G).
Wow, that's annoying as I said I'll have to leave them to get the phone I want and they said they couldn't help!

Bloody phone operators!

its_craigy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Just signed up to let people know that I have ordered an orange Lumia 930 from EE this evening.

I went into an EE store today and they showed me a dummy and said that they didn't know when they would get them in, but that the fact that they had the dummy in meant that it would be in within the next 7 days.

I then went into a Carphone Warehouse where I asked the assistant if he could tell me when they'd have the Lumia 930. His helpful response was 'Never heard of it... so no'. Excellent customer service right there!

This evening I logged on to my EE account and requested an online chat with an advisor for an upgrade and asked about Lumia 930 availability. They too said that it would be available within a week and also they could give me details on prices and plans and process my upgrade today. When I said that I wouldn't want the black one I was told that they would also be stocking the orange one.

My plan is unlimited minutes and texts with 5GB 4G data for ?34.99 with a one off payment of ?9.99. I've been told to expect delivery in 7-10 days.

Hope people find this helpful! Try going via the chat interface on the EE website!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
O2 UK page has been updated tonight. No longer says "Coming Soon" but allows you to pick a tariff. Unfortunately it stops there, but guess they are in the midst of updating data etc. Expect to see it tomorrow...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss