Lumia 930 availability

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No ee contracts yet !
Here you go...
Having got my pac code from them on Monday (ready to move away), they called me today with 'more information'.

Pre-order on the 14th, with release date on the 17th.
Free handset
29.99 for 500mins/unlimited texts/500data
That's what was being offered to me anyway.
They said they would confirm the freebie pack and phone back.

So it's now a race between VF and EE for me!

hattersley

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Getting excited now, status has changed from "In Preparation" to "En pr?paration pour exp?dition" (In preparation for shipping) so hopefully it will ship today and depending on either UPS or City Link I should have it before the weekend.

mine shipped on Monday apparently with City Link, no sign of it yet :/ I hope yours arrives faster than mine is!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Currently looking at a few options (all VF) which are all pretty good (despite some upfront cost) but all bundled with goodies plus ?100 cashback so not too bad!

supadryz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke to Carphonewarehouse Early upgrade delivered on 17/07/14 with all these extras on the way
Free wireless speaker, wireless charger, ?20 app voucher & ?100 cashback!

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if Carphone Warehouse will be doing EE upgrades? No tariffs are listed at the moment, I'll give them a call in the morning if not!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Think I'll probably go for the unlimited texts and unlimited minutes with 4Gb data for ?31.50 (?69.99 upfront - but works out as one of the cheaper 4G plans over the full term)

That comes with speaker/extra wireless charger/?20 app voucher and ?100 cashback. Nice!

Anyone else going to pick up in store? Can't be bothered to chance delivery times so going to go get mine nice and early!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Are those offers from pre-orders only?

I'm not 100% sure. The promo pack (speaker/charger/app voucher) should run to the end of the month, but I dunno about the ?100 cashback - that may be pre-order only?

EDIT: Just spoke to Carphone Warehouse and they said the whole lot is offered on the pre-orders only.

I'd double check that as I was being pressured into making a pre-order on the phone and I think he just said that to get his cut of the sale :eck:

OH! And I asked about Netflix availability as it's on a 4G plan that makes the requirement and he said 'But we're offering the pack and ?100 cashback' I said I know that, but I'm asking about something else and we went in circles a bit.

Basically he didn't know. Again, trying to get me to buy rather than offer me info. I hate that.

Last edited:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here you go...
Having got my pac code from them on Monday (ready to move away), they called me today with 'more information'.

Pre-order on the 14th, with release date on the 17th.
Free handset
29.99 for 500mins/unlimited texts/500data
That's what was being offered to me anyway.
They said they would confirm the freebie pack and phone back.

So it's now a race between VF and EE for me!
Did you find out about the freebie pack?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, not yet - he text me his email address! LOL
I'll email him tomorrow... I assume these sales guys work on commission, so it's in their best interests to help us all out!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No, not yet - he text me his email address! LOL
I'll email him tomorrow... I assume these sales guys work on commission, so it's in their best interests to help us all out!

Yeah I have to ring ee tom about a complaint they have been looking into for me so gonna have to sneak in about a good deal on the 930 just not sure how to go about it? Any ideas?

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ordered:
Orange Lumia 930 on 4G
Unlimited Minutes
Unlimited Texts
4GB Data + 1GB WiFi

?69.99 upfront
?31.50 a month for 24 months

Includes Orange Wireless speaker, wireless charging plate, ?20 app voucher and ?100 cashback. Might also include a Netflix voucher but that remains to be seen! (If not is should have a sky sports mobile voucher - BLEURGH!! or a Spotify Premium voucher instead which isn't so bad)

Not a huge fan of paying upfront, but it does work out to be a 'cheaper' way to pay over all.

Pretty happy really. Went for delivery as, being ever the optimist, I'm hoping it gets sent out a day or two early :grin:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ordered:
Orange Lumia 930 on 4G
Unlimited Minutes
Unlimited Texts
4GB Data + 1GB WiFi

?69.99 upfront
?31.50 a month for 24 months

Includes Orange Wireless speaker, wireless charging plate, ?20 app voucher and ?100 cashback. Might also include a Netflix voucher but that remains to be seen! (If not is should have a sky sports mobile voucher - BLEURGH!! or a Spotify Premium voucher instead which isn't so bad)

Not a huge fan of paying upfront, but it does work out to be a 'cheaper' way to pay over all.

Pretty happy really. Went for delivery as, being ever the optimist, I'm hoping it gets sent out a day or two early :grin:
Who with?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have to ring ee tom about a complaint they have been looking into for me so gonna have to sneak in about a good deal on the 930 just not sure how to go about it? Any ideas?
Threaten to leave!! That's what I have done (though I am prepared to go through with it)... have chased this morning about a launch pack, but reading Sebbaks post - I really am tempted to stop pissing around with the operators directly and just order through CPW.

beardedslav

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
As there was no movement on my amazon.fr order I cancelled it last Friday and pre-ordered Lumia 930 from Unlocked Mobiles for ?478.98. I just got an email (I had a stock alert set on the phone) saying that the pre-order is now live with a lower price - ?449.48 - and the phone comes with portable speaker, additional wireless charger and ?20 voucher. I gave them a call and they said that my phone will come with the accessory bundle and once it ships the price will be adjusted so I should get the difference in the price back on my card. Also it ships on 16th so I should get it next Thursday.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Right its been confirmed that the phone will be free on EE for ?29 per month unlim texts 1000 mins 1gb data and the free wireless bundle is included if preordered on the 14th with launch on 17th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte