Lumia 930 availability

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the likes of P4U and CPW are offering handsets through networks before the networks themselves? Or is this pretty standard?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I went into Phones4u today to enquire about it, as I really wanted the white model and my contract with Virgin is up for renewal. They said that pre-orders were live but they didn't have any tariff info in store. They called the head office and I spoke to them; they offered me the pre-order but as is the way with these things I held out saying I wasn't sure to sweeten the deal. I went ahead with the pre-order in the end but they said I won't be charged until 6 weeks after I receive the phone and I have 15 days after I receive it to change my mind and cancel the contract.

• Unlimited calls & texts, 4GB data for ?35.50 per month
  • ?150 accessories including wireless speaker, extra charging plate
  • ?20 app voucher
  • A "free" case (presumably the official flip case)
  • ?80 cashback

P_Yiddy

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the likes of P4U and CPW are offering handsets through networks before the networks themselves? Or is this pretty standard?

Am guessing this is standard practice. At end of the day no-one in the UK will have any stock until 17th so it doesn't really make any difference if they are taking pre-orders whilst the carriers aren't.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Am guessing this is standard practice. At end of the day no-one in the UK will have any stock until 17th so it doesn't really make any difference if they are taking pre-orders whilst the carriers aren't.

This is true, but CPW and P4U must be getting some kind of cut from it all, so it seems strange for the actual carriers to wait until the last minute no?

I'm probably missing some very obvious business/marketing law or something! I'd have just thought the carriers would try and get in there faster!

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Got mine from amazon.fr on friday 11 july. Its an amazing phone.

I got it sim-free. Took out a contract with Three UK: Ultimate internet - 600 mins , 5000 texts, all-you-can-eat data = ?15.90/m

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed that the 930 doesn't come with headphones. Wtf Nokia I wanted some headphone in bright green like my phone god damn it!

Most people have their own headphones, thought it's been wasteful for quite a while to include them with every phone tbh.

Plus they were normally pretty crap quality. I don't think you're missing much!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Most of the unboxing videos I've seen seem to show that the phone does not come with headphones. Interesting that some people are getting a pair. What's the quality like? Same as the ones that come with the 1520? Are they the same color as the device?

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Most of the unboxing videos I've seen seem to show that the phone does not come with headphones. Interesting that some people are getting a pair. What's the quality like? Same as the ones that come with the 1520? Are they the same color as the device?

Yeah your right, ive seen loads of unboxing videos and haven't seen 1 yet with headphones in it

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I got earphones with mine too - also from Amazon France. I bought a white Lumina and the earphones are black. Pointless, really. I'd never use the ones supplied with a phone. I just keep them so I can sell the phone on later with 'unused earphones'.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I got earphones with mine too - also from Amazon France. I bought a white Lumina and the earphones are black. Pointless, really. I'd never use the ones supplied with a phone. I just keep them so I can sell the phone on later with 'unused earphones'.

Interesting, must be the crap headphones they include with the low and mid range models then. Wonder why they'd do that. Unless the carrier chose to and the headphones don't belong to Nokia. The ones included with some previous flagships including the 1520 are quite premium... different sized buds, same color as the phone, etc.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm so angry right now just checked with EE about my pre order for a green 930 to be now told no you ordered an orange one as we don't do green. Told the woman she must be wrong as that what was confirmed on the phone and ive now brought a Nokia green flip case for it, but no EE are only doing black and Orange grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)