Lumia 930 availability

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I called O2 who said they have zero information on the phone - no tariff, or release date or anything. But they said they would match CPW's ?33 per month deal...not sure if they will do the pre-order pack but might try my luck :)

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I called O2 who said they have zero information on the phone - no tariff, or release date or anything. But they said they would match CPW's ?33 per month deal...not sure if they will do the pre-order pack but might try my luck :)

I'm with O2, I'd get it from elsewhere, if you can. Just the idea getting timely official OS+firmware updates (notwithstanding Developer Preview) was enough for me to go elsewhere the last time around since you get an unbranded phone. This time, I've even gone sim-free with a deal from carphonewarehouse and ?84 chequeback and ordered the phone separately from clove.co.uk.

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm with O2, I'd get it from elsewhere, if you can. Just the idea getting timely official OS+firmware updates (notwithstanding Developer Preview) was enough for me to go elsewhere the last time around since you get an unbranded phone. This time, I've even gone sim-free with a deal from carphonewarehouse and ?84 chequeback and ordered the phone separately from clove.co.uk.

That's true. My Galaxy S3 was unbranded from Phones 4 U (O2 network) and I got updates before carrier branded S3s.

Hmm, choices...I might just pre-order via CPW.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Choices indeed and I would have chosen CPW for the monthly plan option since they're also offering ?100 cashback which makes it cheaper than comparable off-contract sim-only plans. But in the end, I didn't want to be tied up for 24 months again.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that Clove emailed and said that the (cheaper) UK courier delivery will work out quicker than the more expensive Special Delivery option. Basically the courier will go direct from the Nokia supplier which bodes well. They've given me the option to swap delivery methods to get the phone on Friday 18th, pretty happy to get a reduction in cost (only ?3 but still!).

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It's probably the pessimist in me...but something about the lack of fanfare and media hype makes me feel the 17th July release is going to be delayed by a few days.

I'm thinking a release next Monday or Tuesday. But then I also fell for "news" that said the Lumia 930 was being released on July 1st...so I'm feeling pretty negative about tomorrow.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's probably the pessimist in me...but something about the lack of fanfare and media hype makes me feel the 17th July release is going to be delayed by a few days.

I'm thinking a release next Monday or Tuesday. But then I also fell for "news" that said the Lumia 930 was being released on July 1st...so I'm feeling pretty negative about tomorrow.

I was just going to post something similar. I pre-ordered with Phones 4U on Saturday and they guaranteed me the phone would be delivered on the 17th, however when I log into my account on their website, my order status still says "Awaiting Stock"...

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I would have thought they would be getting stock in either today or tomorrow and deliver it on Friday for us to receive on Saturday. CPW told me that I will most likely receive the phone on a Saturday, but there is a chance it could be here on Friday. I was kinda hoping that it would be delivered today at some point and received tomorrow before everyone else. :p

I'm quite the optimist and am still hoping for this to happen lol, but if it doesn't then I would hope for it to be here for Friday. :D

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would have thought they would be getting stock in either today or tomorrow and deliver it on Friday for us to receive on Saturday. CPW told me that I will most likely receive the phone on a Saturday, but there is a chance it could be here on Friday. I was kinda hoping that it would be delivered today at some point and received tomorrow before everyone else. :p

I'm quite the optimist and am still hoping for this to happen lol, but if it doesn't then I would hope for it to be here for Friday. :D

Yeah, the website isn't too clear on this. It says delivery expected by 17th July, but it's not clear if that's to them or to us.

I'm still holding out hope I get the delivery email today saying it's arriving tomorrow as I have time off!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got a text from CPW and said that it's on it;s way and will be delivered tomorrow. DPD will contact me with my timeslot which I'm guessing will be tomorrow at some point. Unfortunately my bundle package has been delayed and I won't be receiving that until next week. Not fussed about the delay on my bundle, I JUST WANT MY PHONE! :p

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got a text from CPW and said that it's on it;s way and will be delivered tomorrow. DPD will contact me with my timeslot which I'm guessing will be tomorrow at some point. Unfortunately my bundle package has been delayed and I won't be receiving that until next week. Not fussed about the delay on my bundle, I JUST WANT MY PHONE! :p

Just had exactly the same, I'm just glad the phone is tomorrow!! :D

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just picked mine up from EE on Oxford Street - ?27.99 for unltd mins/txts & 5gb 4g......plus extra wireless charger & speaker etc..
Whoa, that's pretty depressing!
My EE 'upgrade' was 29.99 with unlimited calls/texts & 2GB on 4G :(

Edit - Ah, I guess you paid (?150?) for the handset?

Last edited:

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My delivery info has all been updated in the last half hour too, which is pleasing. DPD will be delivering mine tomorrow, ordered from Phones4U:

• Lumia 930 White (no upfront cost)
  • Unlimited calls & texts, 4GB data for ?35.50 per month
  • ?150 accessories including wireless speaker, extra charging plate
  • ?20 app voucher
  • A "free" case (presumably the official flip case)
  • ?80 cashback, which essentially makes the monthly cost ?32

N1Andy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Whoa, that's pretty depressing!
My EE 'upgrade' was 29.99 with unlimited calls/texts & 2GB on 4G :(

Edit - Ah, I guess you paid (?150?) for the handset?
?9.99 up front cost. It was the ?34.99 plan, but she ticked a box onscreen to give me 20% discount.

What I didn't realise is that the extra charger has a built in battery - you can wirelessly charge the wireless charger and take it with you, which is fantastic Imo.

DuncanF62

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that Clove emailed and said that the (cheaper) UK courier delivery will work out quicker than the more expensive Special Delivery option. Basically the courier will go direct from the Nokia supplier which bodes well. They've given me the option to swap delivery methods to get the phone on Friday 18th, pretty happy to get a reduction in cost (only ?3 but still!).
Actually it says
We are able to despatch direct from our Nokia distributor which should allow most orders to arrive on Friday, but this cannot be guaranteed
So if it does not arrive on Friday then there is more waiting for the courier on Monday or some other redelivery. I'll take my chances with RM. If I miss them they I can fetch it from them down the road.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So if it does not arrive on Friday then there is more waiting for the courier on Monday or some other redelivery. I'll take my chances with RM. If I miss them they I can fetch it from them down the road.

Fair enough - I'm happier to take my chances with the courier as the email they sent me states the below: We note your request to dispatch by Special Delivery (unless you have contacted us recently). We expect to ship to you on Friday for delivery either Saturday or Monday.

^ From that, I took that RM option would not ship before Friday and that Saturday is the earliest possible delivery. With the courier, sure it's a risk that Friday might not happen, but more or less the same with RM for Saturday no? I'm in Zone 1 so hoping that a courier can get here on Friday :sweaty:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)